Mounting and Wiring my V2 Powerdrive on my 21 SLX

Steve21slx

Reaction score
I did not show how I mounted the quick release bracket but it is just basically 4 bolt that hold it in place.

This is how I mounted my Powerdrive V2 to my pontoon boat. It was not to hard as I had this same setup on my old boat. The difference here is I plan to be able to remove this so I did not drill a big hole for the wiring to go under the floor. I plan to just bring it over the side next to the trolling motor. I used Bestboatwire.com for my power wire. They custom made it with 1/4 inch connectors on one side  and a anderson plug on the other.  I used 6 AWG even though I could have probably gotten away with 8 awg. Also bought an 8 awg anderson plug for the wires from the trolling motor. All in all it worked out fairly decent. I still need to get my power wires for the depth finder figured out. I am hoping to tie it into the existing wiring on the boat. If not I am going to just hook it up to the trolling motor battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the video. I like those clips for the battery connections. I'm planning on running a Yandina combiner so I won't have to remove it to recharge it. I guess we'll wait and see! Thanks for zooming in to that spot I had a question on as well. I appreciate it.

I had actually seen those when I had my old boat. The thing is I use that same battery for my small trolling motor only boat. Hopefully try to get out on the river this weekend but looks like it may rain and cool off sunday.  :(

Back