Mounting mirror on console

Malibu

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has mounted a PTM Edge UCX-17 PRO mirror to there console.   Have a rail mount PTM but it will not fit over rail on our new 2017 R.   I hate to drill holes in console.

We are about 2 weeks away from having a clamp on mount that fits over the new model rails. We were just informed that our mount was not fitting and very close to having it made readily for the public. We had our very first one machined this week, having it anodized and then a water test before we can go public. Should be ready soon. 

On a side note. The UCX 17 PRO works wonderful if you don't mind drilling 4 small holes in the fiberglass. 

We can do black. Look up Havasu on here, he has posted pics of the very first PTM Edge black bracket. 

I have a 2017 SSRCX.  What bracket would I need to fit the rail?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks,

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom! But I can't answer your question.I don't use a mirror,never look back since I don't believe in regrets. And my kids always said I have eyes in the back of my head! LOL

Thanks,

Tom

Is your railing similar to this by the helm.

/gallery/album_147/gallery_1200_147_701993.jpg

The panel comes all the way up to the top rail.  That is a picture from from the showroom floor so that is a second boat to the right.

5940927_20161128131337638_1_XLARGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's what your rail looks like then it should work with the clamp-on like I have. You might want to call PTM and ask to make sure though.

Went with the PTM Edge UCX-17 Pro. Well worth the cost!!!

It is very stable and the wide view is great for keeping the kids in view while tubing and skiing.

This is my UCX-17 Pro
I went to a mirror because we travel a lot with our Bimini top in the travel position, ever time i turn around i have to look down under the Bimini to see what’s behind me. Our system has a number of bridges to go under so its a pain to keep Bimini up when the water is high.
This mounting location gives me options. The picture shows it just below the windshield so it’s not blocking my view in front, it gives me a big picture behind me just under the Bimini top in the travel position. The large curved mirror is great.
When we run with the Bimini top up i can adjust the mirror straight up, similar to a rail mount.
The UCX makes a rail mount as well but i felt it would have to be removed ever time i put my cover on. I still remove the arm but the mount stays in place.
This is a pricy mirror but made very well. Worth it to me, i can see really well behind me. We have a lot of fast boat traffic on the Oshkosh, WI Winnebago system. Fastest boat on the system last year was 151 mph. “Four Horseman Run”

Attachments

• 145A67FC-24C9-4121-B9A3-59DB7D873E48.jpeg
    145A67FC-24C9-4121-B9A3-59DB7D873E48.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 53
I really like the look of how this is mounted on your console. I have a couple quick questions for you.

Does that mirror bracket/arm swing around and move, or is it basically fixed in place? Did it just required drilling 1 hole into the console to secure it in place? Did all the hardware for mounting it and securing it like this come with the mirror?

Here’s a link to the mirror, this should help.
The way it sits on my console now all I have to do is loosen the nut and it moves side to side only. The mirror adjust as well.
I believe I hade to drill 4 small holes for mounting the bracket. All the hardware is included

https://ptmedge.com/ucx-17-pro/

Back