My 2008 Bennington 2075 FSI

robwii

Reaction score
I have a 2008 2075 FSI with a 2006 Yamaha 115 two stroke. Just got from dealer two weeks ago. This was some left over stock.

The boat just performs horribly. I changed the prop to a 19 pitch yamaha at the dealer's suggestion, but with no change. The boat throws up a huge wake (almost like a wakeboard boat) and rooster tails about three feet high from both the toons. The motor appears to be performing well but struggling to push the boat.

GPS top speed is only 21mph with a lot of cavitation. It feels like the boat never gets up on the toons and is setting too low. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2008 2075 FSI with a 2006 Yamaha 115 two stroke. Just got from dealer two weeks ago. This was some left over stock.

The boat just performs horribly. I changed the prop to a 19 pitch yamaha at the dealer's suggestion, but with no change. The boat throws up a huge wake (almost like a wakeboard boat) and rooster tails about three feet high from both the toons. The motor appears to be performing well but struggling to push the boat.

GPS top speed is only 21mph with a lot of cavitation. It feels like the boat never gets up on the toons and is setting too low. Help!
I would think that set up would pull 25-30 mph. A 19 p prop seems too big. What is the shaft length? Is the transom matched to the length? BM offers 2 lengths, but the shaft length needs to be matched to the transom height.

Without lifting strakes, you can't really expect the hull to plane ("getting on top of the toons").

Continue to push your dealer..... something isn't quite right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that set up would pull 25-30 mph. A 19 p prop seems too big. What is the shaft length? Is the transom matched to the length? BM offers 2 lenghts, but the shaft length needs to be matched to the transom height.

Without lifting strakes, you can't really expect the hull to plane ("getting on top of the toons").

Continue to push your dealer..... something isn't quite right.

Thanks. I will ask the dealer those questions. He told me it should run 28 to 30.

The boat fells like it is bulldogging through the water. When I get around 15 mph, water starts pounding the bottom of the boat. I spent an hour on Saturday trying to trim the motor to help. No luck.

I had a Bennington with a 90 Johnson before and it put out a fraction of the wake.

Thanks for your help.

I would have to agree with Randy, the shaft length must be wrong for your toon. Have your dealer check with Bennington for the proper shaft length for that boat. Sometimes a dealer will throw togather a package of leftovers just to get them sold, without checking the details. Good luck, and remember it's still a fine boat, just needs the proper setup.

Do you have lifting strakes on the tubes and what diametrer are the tubes? How far below the transom does the prop hang?

Here is a link to pics of my boat. you will see a few pictures down the proper height for the lower unit to the bottom of the transom. The horizontal fin above the prop should be even with the bottom of the transom when trimmed down.

http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6664

Nice boat!!!

Mine has two toons. The motor appears to be at the right level.

Dealer called me today to say there appears to be two "fins" off the transom that are causing prop to capitate and resistance. He called Bennington and they said that should not be there.

Dealer thinks wrong transom plate (I think) was put on. If so (must be confirmed by engineer at Bennington), Bennington will ship correct part and have local dealer install. It is just so frustrating.

Dealer thinks wrong transom plate (I think) was put on. If so (must be confirmed by engineer at Bennington), Bennington will ship correct part and have local dealer install. It is just so frustrating.
But the dealer and BM are on the case? That's good news. I'm sure you'll be a happy boater in no time!

I hope so. Bennington told me today they thought it was the motor. Dealer says it is the boat. I agree with dealer because the motor sounds and runs great. It just acts like it is pushing a loaded barge and not a twenty foot boat.

I hope so. Bennington told me today they thought it was the motor. Dealer says it is the boat. I agree with dealer because the motor sounds and runs great. It just acts like it is pushing a loaded barge and not a twenty foot boat.
We've asked Rob to send us pictures of the transom so we can troubleshoot. We're on it. Thanks, TB

Just an update-- Bennington came and got my boat. Water tested it several times and fixed the problem. I could not be happier with the performance. KUDOS to Bennington!!!! They do take care of their customers.

With the trolling motor, two batteries and the weight of the 115 engine, boat was nose diving. That is why it felt like it never got up on the toons. Solution: added third toon (express package) and 13 pitch stainless steel prop. Runs great now. Bennington came and got the boat and put the express package on free of charge.

Also, customer service was great to work with.

Back