My Bennington seems to be a nice boat but...

Uke

Reaction score
Greetings!

This is my first post on this forum. I’ve been a boater, sailor, pontooner all of my life. I was looking forward to an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. The dealer dropped off the boat Thursday evening and this is what I was welcomed to Friday afternoon. (Pictures attached).

I’ll let know how the saga unfolds and how the dealer and Bennington support me. They say they can't get a barge out until Tuesday. I'm really hoping they stand behind this. If not I'll share all of my experiences with this dealer over the past 18 months.

upload_2018-5-26_14-13-9.png

upload_2018-5-26_14-16-52.png

Looks like the toons are full. :(

WOW!

Oh...My...Gosh! Keep us posted. I think I would lose it. I have to believe they will stand behind you 100%. No choice really, assuming its a new boat and still under warranty.

250 e-tech hanging off the back going for a swim? I bet its a wonderfully sharp boat. Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds, and hoping everyone supports and assists you with this that is involved with it.

That’s no good!! Keep us posted! Welcome to the club.... hopefully the rough start will become smoother!!

Thanks all. They lined up a barge for Sunday morning. Should be interesting. I'll take lots of pictures.... and of course... best Memorial Day weekend weather in 20 years and no boat. 90 and sunny in Wisconsin.

Holy crap! It'll be all right Uke.......Deep breaths.....
How can all 3 toons be compromised at the same time??? So the dealer stored it for the winter right???

Yes, it was floating fine last fall. The dealer picked it up and stored it all winter. First we saw it was in the dark Thursday evening. It looks like it's the starboard pontoon is taking on water. The center pontoon doesn't go back as far as the outboard pontoons so it's listing to the starboard side. The forward sections are out of the water. Kind of poppin a wheelie.

upload_2018-5-26_16-40-4.png

That hurts just lookin at it...sad....

Just that picture!!! UGH!! I’m not to sure I could look at it and not try to do something, I’m surprised they feel they can wait to pick it but it sounds like they’re pushing ahead to get it out.

Terrible! Sorry you are having to experience this. Unfortunately I can’t think of anything positive to say. Hope it all works out for you. Please keep us posted.

That's just plain terrible. I feel your pain just looking at the photos. My guess is just the last section of the outer toon took on water. It doesn't take much to lose major bouancy.

Should the motor be tilted down? Mine would have wiring harnesses in the water in a situation like that.

Frustrating to say the least! Having a third of your boat and part of your engine underwater is not what you want to see, particularly at the beginning of summer. Hang in there and keep us posted...

It was a long Sunday. The barge arrived around 1:30pm and the boat was finally trailered and on its way to the shop around 7:00pm. The starboard aft compartment had several clear signs of damage. The aft edge of the keel strip was depressed into pontoon about 3/4" and causing the bottom of the rear cap's weld to fail. Also, there were two gashes on the inner portion of the tube about 4' in that appear to be caused by a trailer the had a sharp component. The real scary discovery was the silicon that was filled into the gash. More to follow...
upload_2018-5-28_9-6-30.png

upload_2018-5-28_9-9-30.pngupload_2018-5-28_9-10-23.png

Damn...... so somebody gashed it and put a silicone band aid on it hoping you wouldn't notice. Somebody is in big trouble!!!

WOW! Was it from a trailer or a forklift? What does your dealer use?

They use a scissor trailer so they can lower the pontoon on dollies to move them around the winter storage facility. The ones that I've seen them use look pretty beat up. Also, some of them have 4x4s attached to the tops of the rail because of the size of the pontoons.

Also, I've got calls into Bennington and BRP to express my concern.

:mad:

I know that it's not the most productive attitude but I'd be really steaming at this point.

Back