My first pontoon

chucky_69

Reaction score
im buying a new sxlp with 115 Yamaha, My question is..it’s good idea to upgrade the radio to the kmc10 and add the extended deck . Thanks

I just took delivery of my new boat this week and I now have extended decks. I really like them much better than the standard decks on my old boat, so I’d recommend yes.
On the stereo question, we’ve always liked to listen to Sirius/XM and you can’t do that with the KMC10. if you want satellite radio, you need to upgrade to the KMC20 instead of the KMC10. The KMC20 is not listed as an option on the build site, but your dealer can add it by contacting Bennington and having it added to the build.

Have fun!

im buying a new sxlp with 115 Yamaha, My question is..it’s good idea to upgrade the radio to the kmc10 and add the extended deck . Thanks

If you like to listen to music from soft media like a USB drive, the KMC10 let's you navigate through folders, etc. The KMC2 has a very basic user interface and will only allow you to step from the first song to the last song in order which is almost useless when trying to find a particular album or song. If you just listen to AM/FM, I know I just said AM, the KMC2 would be fine. Enjoy your new Benny!

Kmc10 .... , I like the electronic gadgets..... but reception on mine is not the greatest.
Extended deck... YES, YES, YES!!!!!

Note: if you’ve never had extended deck toon you probably wouldn’t even notice, but going from one without to one with, it’s A HUGE DIFFERENCE. It’s actually one of the big reasons we went from our RLi to the GCW. I LOVE that extended deck. Easier for covering/uncovering, fishing, sitting with your toes in the water, etc.....

Yes on both the Kmc 10 and the extended deck. Initially the reception on our kmc 10 was not great, once we unwrapped and rerouted the antenna it got much better.

Yes on both. We love the extended deck. It gets used a lot of use between swimming and water sports. We also like the KMC10. We bluetooth link our phones into it and always have cell reception. Thus we can stream anything we want musically from phone to radio - pandora, radio, Sirius XM, etc. Only downside is native radio reception is poor due to how the antennae is wired under the helm. That’s a non-issue for us though as we Bluetooth stream everything to it. Also, as mentioned above, that could be redone to improve reception.

Back