My kid hit the bridge

MN Thompson

Reaction score
All,

My kid forgot about the bimini when going under the bridge on our lake. Nobody got hurt. Unfortunately, the front main beam of the bimini top needs to be replaced. Our Bennington is a 2000. Any suggestions as to where I can buy the needed frame piece would be greatly appreciated. The local dealer told me it would likely cost me $500 for straight from the factory parts. That seemed excessive to me.

Thanks,

Rob

We had something similar happen to our first Benny. The dealer had a canvas shop bend identical aluminum tubing they had in stock and then installed that. If I remember correctly it cost me around $250.

The inner diameter of what Bennington will send you will be different than what you probably have so you will need to order new hardware to go with it I had this happen to me on my front top and it was a 2010 The black feet that attach the square tube to the boat rail are where you will have issues more than likely. If you can find some one local to bend the frame that may be your best route.

I just completely redid the interior of my 2001 LX2575. Believe it or not I even found a "New" Old stock dash complete with Bennington gauges, depth finder and fuse panel on eBay for $150. Unfortunately I left my Bimini top up for cleaning when a severe Florida storm popped up with wind gusts in excess of 60mph. The wind bent my main frame tubing at the front support attach point. I purchased a replacement Bimini top from the dealer but he replaced the old 1 1/4" square tube Bennington top with a 1" square tube generic top. It works but it isn't as rigid or as nice looking as the original. I kept the old frame and still plan to see if I can be straightened it out. There is no comparison between the two tops, plastic fittings compared to Bennington's aluminum, 1 1/4" vs 1". If you can get replacement parts made for the original do it, you won't be sorry.

I had that happen before but was lucky it didn't bend to bad. There is a place south of Milwaukee called Kendor Marine Corporation that carries leftover stock from manufacturers. Give them try.

Back