My Morning Fix

Toon'r

Reaction score
I find myself looking forward to opening up the forum each morning.  I'm glad we don't all live close enough to each other to meet for coffee. We would never get anything done but shoot the sh** and brag about our boats and toys. We could though, probably fix the world's problems. 

The demographic on here is so diverse and the one thing that brings us together is the boat we float.

There are guys on here that like the technical stuff and tell you what to do and what not to do and then there are those of us that hijack a topic and take it way off base...

Opinions are respected, there is no racism, some of us like to drink a little and some of us don't, but in the end everyone has the same goal...... to have a neat boat, to have lots of fun and make great memories with our family and friends....

So, thanks to all or you that make my day off the water more enjoyable. If the earth is ever covered in water again, we will have one hell of a Bennington Reunion.

Well said! And for me the forum is a 24 7 fix!

Me Too! I am on here several times a day, every day, as well as other pontoon forums that I browse. I have learned a great deal about boating and maintaining a nice boat. I take much better care of my boat than I ever have a vehicle! I have a healthy respect for water safety as well, so these sites are imperative for learning from others...how to be safe and prepare for what could surely happen any time you set to the water. Man, if we were closer it would probably result in a group hug!

This is just an amazingly friendly and helpful place, very respectful, but irreverent enough at times to be entertaining too. Good people with a worthwhile common interest/passion and refreshing fairness and even handedness by moderators. It is truly a respite.

My other hobby (high end audio) sites are many times larger, but for whatever reason, some people behind keyboards get worked up to the point of virtual fist fights, downright ugly, sadly in what matters very little in real life.

This place sucks! You all made fun of my big balls. ;-)

But seriously, I've always enjoyed the online forum communities that spring up topically all over the internet. This one has made the enjoyment of a life-long hobby all the richer.

I too enjoy those that have common interests.  As a young retiree, I have too much time to spend online--and am trying to ween myself a little from the computer.  It does keep the mind sharp, however.  I'm just glad we're not a bunch of prima donna's--like all those audiophiles mentioned above.

The weather's finally turning, and I'm going to pull the pontoon mooring cover today.  Unfortunately, I've got to completely rebuild a leaking balcony on our lake house--a pretty big job--before much boating time can be spent.  Spring cleaning and getting the yard in order is a 3 week job on its own.  Having a small lake house is great, but maintenance is almost a full time job during the season.

I agree Bamaman, those audiophiles are trash.  This is supposed to be a special summer for me as I decided to sell my business and early retire a few years on my 60th birthday last November.  Unfortunately still waiting for Spring [our dock install got backed up to May 17] and if I didn't have this forum it would be quite a bit more frustrating.  Like George Constanza said on Seinfeld, this is going to be "The summer of Link"

I love you guys! Ha!

Wow, I've been called prima donna and trash in less than an hour. Where is the love? I need to go pout for awhile now  B)

Out of all the forums I belong to, this is by far the best group of people and smarta$$es. I mean where else can you go and be made fun of after having a piece of your lung removed?     :p

Hey, Tom.  I remember back when there were true audiophiles.

Now, all the kids are listening to music pirated off the internet, and an I Pad simply doesn't have the high fidelity that McIntosh tube amplifiers--piped into Altec Voice of the Theatre speakers out of RCA's recording studios.  These kids think that a huge subwoofer in the back seat of a car is quality sound.

I was raised in Nashville, and had many friends that were top studio musicians, sound engineers and arrangers.  You would simply not believe the sound systems they had in their listening rooms/man caves at their houses.  Their record collections were cataloged like a library. 

My best friend couldn't live in a house without a 2 acre yard due to the incredible noise coming out of his living room.  He had a party one night, and Alvin Lee was playing solo guitar.  And 40 years later, he's a custom audio/visual contractor specializing in yachts and 80'-100' houseboats.

I wouldn't consider my buddies trash--but they still are prima donna's of sorts.

Yeah, I totally get that  :)  I know a few of those too ...

So we're already off topic? Glad it wasn't me this time!

Well said Toon'r. This forum is awesome. This has been my new Facebook...

Yep, I would meet for coffee.  While dining this morning at our local McDonalds, the owner of the Apopka Marine in Inverness came in.  We chatted for 10 or 15 minutes and talked about the boats.

Good thing they have the mobile version .... If course I gave to charge my battery all the time !!!

Allow me to buy everyone a round 

Pepsi.png

I feel fortunate to have met so many knowledgeable, enthusiastic and friendly people in a world full of pessimism and apathy.

Though we have our Benny's which brought us together , we see we have much more in common than expected

Water people, Boat people , and more

It is my pleasure to check in and participate daily

When in Pittsburgh drop me a line ..........

pittsburgh-city-pictures-76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like coming on here because all your pictures remind me that at some point all that hard stuff on my lake will become water. Which reminds me of a story on my grade 8 class trip in Churchill.......  What? So I once and a while go off topic!

I like oatmeal...

I like coming on here because all your pictures remind me that at some point all that hard stuff on my lake will become water. Which reminds me of a story on my grade 8 class trip in Churchill.......  What? So I once and a while go off topic!
Was that Churchill Downs ? The Derby is this weekend .

Back