My New Build

Those are very similar to my build (RSB Blackout with VMAX 175 SHO, with power steering, SIMRAD, center storage, raised helm, lighting packages, upgraded stereo, etc...). I drove the 175 VMAX...It was very quiet and highly recommended by the dealer over the F200. According to him, those two motors put out the same top speed but the 175 VMAX is more economical. I'll post pics when I get mine in March.

I have a 2018 22 SSRFBXP SPS with the 175 VMAX and love it. The hole shot is fantastic! I got it up to 40 mph
on the nose with 2 adults and a little over half a tank of gas (32 gallon), this with both biminis up and an aluminum prop.
I had 9 people on board with 2 more on a tube and it had more than enough power. Plus I love the black outboard
with the black out package.

All you guys that love the black motor cowl on the 175 VMAX should just move on up to a 200+ hp Mercury Verado. You get a sweet black motor cowl with a supercharger connected to your motor, yet purrs just right and not too loud. ;):cool:

Oops...did I just toss a grenade into the group? :rolleyes::D

Ford F150 or Chevy Silverado
Like the black/red Yamaha 175VMAX, love the 6 year warranty. Price tradeoff, stepped down from the F200 to step up in price with the power assist hydraulic steering. Club Bennington is a great resource and helped with the decision to go with the power assist steering. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

All you guys that love the black motor cowl on the 175 VMAX should just move on up to a 200+ hp Mercury Verado. You get a sweet black motor cowl with a supercharger connected to your motor, yet purrs just right and not too loud. ;):cool:

I gotta admit the all black mercury with the angled look is very sharp!

I'll be honest and say that having an all black engine isn't all it's cracked up to be. Can you say "water spots"?? I take the time to clean them off every outing but by the time I get back to the slip you wouldn't know that. If I could do it over, I'd go with one of those new Merc engines in white!

I'll be honest and say that having an all black engine isn't all it's cracked up to be. Can you say "water spots"?? I take the time to clean them off every outing but by the time I get back to the slip you wouldn't know that. If I could do it over, I'd go with one of those new Merc engines in white!

True that!!! :(

Not sure about other parts of the country but out here with our extreme summer heat and very hard water, I've seen numerous dark-colored motor covers with water spots nearly impossible to get off. Even with several coats of wax after each trip the water spots are still there. I haven't had a problem with it at all with my gray motor and even with the black out rails it hasn't been an issue.

I never thought of doing something like ceramic coating it. Hmmm. Ideas, ideas.

Had my entire boat coated last season.
Great idea, spent some time on you tube "How to apply ceramic coating on boats". Adding a layer of glass to paint for UV protection and self cleaning. Now, on to looking for someone to do our older Master Craft, Jet Ski and the new 175 VMAX on the Bennington. Low Maintenance and good looks is the name of the game!!! Thanks for your suggestion and thanks Club Bennington. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DD9DD3077B99BC1DF6D5DD9DD3077B99&&FORM=VRDGAR

I’d have to find someone that applies it locally though. I do not have the interest or patience for the prep-applications-post application work on my entire boat. Maybe enough for my engine cowl.

Doing tedious tasks is not my strong suit. :confused:

MERCURY > YAMAHA

That being said, the black cowl looks GREAT! When its clean. I have to wipe mine down daily to keep it looking clean and fresh!

I use boat bling "hot sauce". A couple sprays and its good as new.

I often do it when relaxing in a cove. I like my boat to look clean so i'll usually do a quick wipe down of the entire boat

Great build, Congrats! We haven’t done any tubing or skiing but we did order the Post. Our dealer never told us it came in 2 sizes, we ordered the 54””?? I know its the longer one. Make sure you have the longest bar if thats what you ordered. Even the longer one doesn’t seem that high. If and when I try tubing with are G25 I’m going to have someone hold the slack rope so it doesnt rub the side and top of the motor.
Have a great boating season!

If and when I try tubing with are G25 I’m going to have someone hold the slack rope so it doesnt rub the side and top of the motor.
We have the 54" tow post and haven't had any issues with it rubbing on our Verado. While it comes close, it hasn't been a problem. Hopefully you'll have the same luck with your G2.

Back