My opinion for what it's worth

Gio4318

Reaction score
I have now owned my 20 slmx for for about 5 months which for me translates in 26 hours on the meter. Here is my unbiased opinion. I have owned a house boat, a ski boat and a sail boat but I tell you what when this black beauty pulls up to the dock or the marina I have had a large gathering it is quite comfortable and plush. The 90 Yamaha did ok at first but at upper ends the waves really a toll on us so I went with the under skinning $1560.00 other than a rattle in the rear starboard piece it has made all the difference in the world. I can do 25mph plan on going into a 17 pitch prop from a 15 to get that upper rpm down a bit 5600rpm. I mounted the Trac 35 at the port corner front and had initially put a 20lb mushroom anchor on it but our last trip to puddle Don Pedro and I mean puddle water is half mile straight down from campgrounds anyway there was a slight wind and the 20 just didn't cut the mustard I just took delivery of a 30 lb river will let you know on that. Finally I mounted a beautiful Malibu removable BBQ and that was great but I think yours really have to watch what you cook cause it can make a pretty good mess. So all in all my opinion for what it's worth is this is a fun, beautiful boat that I plan on loving for a great long time.

Nice write up. Any pics ????

Agreed Gio, the new pontoons they are putting out are certainly head turners.  Many on this forum have raved over the box anchor [aka slide anchor], I purchased one but haven't used it yet but reveiews from our forum were good enough for me 

Nice write-up. I will say this about your prop change. If 5600 is your WOT rpm and you want to drop them, DON'T. You'll be lugging the motor and that's not good. Our boat is set up that with just me in it, it runs at 61-6200 @ WOT. This way when I load it up with friends I'm still good.

Yup, what Carl said. Sounds like a good time though!!

You know I will try the prop if I don't care for it I will swap it back. In reality the way the lakes are looking these days it's gonna be lucky to be able to run. Guess a nice weekday delta trip is always fun.

You know I will try the prop if I don't care for it I will swap it back. In reality the way the lakes are looking these days it's gonna be lucky to be able to run. Guess a nice weekday delta trip is always fun.
What I meant in my other post is that the 15p prop is too big. You're rpms should be higher at WOT.

Well I went to a solus 3 blade 17 pitch prop and the gentleman was correct it is to much prop, top speed dropped 5 mph and rpms dropped to basically 5000. This was a good test run got out on the delta on a weekday no one out there ran higher speeds for a couple of hours. One thing I did note the boat cruises at 20 rather nicely with the larger prop, but then kind of flattens out ofter that. I want to see how this prop works trolling actually I wonder if the trollomatic is killing my top end. More to come

And by the way there are still people actually pulling us over to want to have a closer look at this boat

Just noticed his signature line........."one bad ass wife"..........hmm.

Back