My Weekend Project

Good Morning Chuck .Today is the day .

Whats your weather looking like for delivery ?

It is cloudy and overcast, but the rain is suppose to hold off till late afternoon.

We have done a lot of prepping for today and now we are anxious to get it here.

About 11 am you posted 2 hours out ,should be close about now . :D

Am 

Officially 

An Owner 

Of 

Benny

While driving the boat down , the flap ripped a fastener off

He said they make those covers to trailer boat with 

Other problem is shore lander trailer has tears in rug where pontoon sits on rails

Dealer says that is going to happen 

Nothing can be done about that

Planned on my wife's name being on Boat

Dealer didn't do at Dealership

He attempted to do here, the wind caused the name to tear and wrinkle while attempting to place on 

He said when I bring it up in the fall he will put the name on for next year

Bought a US Flag to be mounted on Boat 

He didnt get around to doing that 

He feels I will figure out how to mount

He was to bring a bottle of 303 down with him he forgot it at showroom

He siad he will mail me some when he gets the chance

R U KIDDING ME ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the pics???????????? And the carpet will get like that, which is why many use the plastic bunk covers.

Am 

Officially 

An Owner 

Of 

Benny

While driving the boat down , the flap ripped a fastener off

He said they make those covers to trailer boat with 

Other problem is shore lander trailer has tears in rug where pontoon sits on rails

Dealer says that is going to happen 

Nothing can be done about that

Planned on my wife's name being on Boat

Dealer didn't do at Dealership

He attempted to do here, the wind caused the name to tear and wrinkle while attempting to place on 

He said when I bring it up in the fall he will put the name on for next year
OK, now tell us about all the GOOD stuff  :)

Noe you have to paint the dock a darker blue.     :D     And make the cover tighter so the rain water won't pool. 

Congratulations Chuck .I definitely agree with Carl tighten up that cover 

I have to figure a way to tighten the strings on the opposite side of the boat from the dock

Hope to get some help from some lake residents

Even parking the pontoon was difficult with high winds today 

I intended to park on the opposite side of the dock but was unable to due to the winds

After 3 attempts parked it where it was on first attempt

Do you think losing one fastener due to the trip here would cause some of the slack in cover?

LOOKS AWESOME !!!

There should be a strap that connects to a clip on top rear of cover, loop up over Bimini, clip to other connector and pull taut. It will keep rear of cover up so water doesn't pool back there.

Doubtful one snap would do that. Put your poles up fairly tight but not so tight you still can't snap the snaps. Top should be taut but not super taut.

Looking good! Put all the snaps on, then crawl back in and put the poles very tight. Especially front and rear, well all of them actually.  Water will pool in the front corners if you don't. Oh and it's a good idea to actually tie the string in the boots around the bimini struts as well. Making me sad that mine is still sitting in storage. Probably bring it home soon so it can just sit in the driveway. Lake still covered. :(

What the $&!? Chuck!!!! That looks awesome!

I'm not sure if this can be done so bear with me.

To tighten your strings you should be able to do that first.lay your cover on your seat and snap starting at the strings first going in a counterclockwise basically doing the back last. Then crawl under, tighten poles and crawl back out. Hop onto the dock, Stop, turn around, and look at how happy she is to be home. Congratulations!

As for the bunk carpet...My carpet ripped fist time out, dealer is right, not too many toons without ripped bunk carpet.

Jared,

Not sure why, but you have made me feel much better about the day 

Kids are coming up and we are doing our first Benny Night Time Cruise 

Derrick, 

I can't believe your lake is in that condition in May 

I hope you get a major warm up soon 

It is a summer night here , hoping it lasts like this till November lol 

Lookin' good at the refurbished dock!

Just back from a late night cruise on the Lake 

It is amazing, the kids my son in particular wants to hang the Dealer 

He can not believe the entire ordeal

We bought an American Flag which dealer was to mount on boat for us

When he delivered it the flag and pole was on the floor of the Boat 

He said he didn't get a chance to mount and install

Said I could do it myself 

I replied I have no idea how to do that 

His reply ... you'll figure it out 

Then he was to include a bottle of 303 for cleaning upholstery

He said he must of forgot to place in boat , but he will mail me some when he gets a chance

I specifically asked that the boat be detailed

He said with the rain coming no need to do that 

Soooooooooooooooooo

There were many reasons for me not taking photos of interior 

Or being ultra excited 

But as my wife said 

There is a lesson in this , which I will never forget

It's like funeral. You grieve and move on, things you can mend you will. You have no idea how pissed I was when my top seal blew. But, I just took it with a grain of salt, cracked a few jokes (art, art, art) and now it's a faded memory that I laugh about.

I had a similar issue that you are having with my builder 2 years ago. The guy is a dumb ass, but we love our home and his subs did a good job of covering for his ineptness. Things I could fix I did, other things, as your wife says, I learned from.

Here are two things from the build...

Day one wife is doing laundry in her new home. Goes into basement, water cascading down the wall pooling on the floor. .. They forgot to connect the drain.

The biggest thing that pissed me off. He directed the floor drain in my garage to my sump pump in my basement. Yup... All the snow melt a road scum... Drains into my sump pit in the basement.

Your dealer is apparently a few tacos shy of a combination platter, but, you will enjoy your boat. Case in point, your cruise tonight with the family. While revisiting the fresh ineptness of your dealer, you did it in an awesome boat. And the next one you buy is going to be even better yet!

Hard to believe a dealer like that is still in business, then again, there's a difference from

"Surviving vs. Thriving". My dealers a Thriving dealer, but I've dealt with surviving dealers in the past. Their only saving grace is they are the only player in a big area, no real competition. Someone with excellent customer care could move in next door and shut them down in a heartbeat !!!!!

Chuck ,I am too lazy to go back to the first page of this post .

Did you use the restore 4 or 10 ?

I just checked ,10 X ,right ?

Thanks 

Back