nav light switch and led lights

bearcatt

Reaction score
Got new 2275 FSI around memorail day. just wanted to let people know that boat was everything i expected. Ive had a few minor problems with boat, manily with nav switch. The nav switch will work for a little while but if you turn it off lights will not come back on. Had it to dealer once already but he says that they installed wrong circuit breaker on it. They put new 10 amp breaker in ,still having same problems everytime I go out at night. Hope the dealer will replace switch next time it goes to shop. Also having problems with LED lights on front of boat, ( they are not bright enough to dock boat or even get out on bank) wondering if anybody else having these problems? Having problems with carpet staying on trailer bunks. Everytime I load boat it tears the carpet, even if I completly sumerge the whole trailer in water. The Evenrude ETECH 130 performs wonderfully on boat,the boat has lifting strakes and boat runs smooth on pad.

I am also having troble with my nav light switch. Not trouble with breakers just not wanting to turn off or on. I found that if I pushed gently on the switch it works most of the time. Also discovered that instrument lights are now staying on even when switch is in the off position. I took the boat into the dealer today for service and to have them fix switch. I will let you know what they find out. I must say I haver used the docking lights. I've been out at night but all of the docks and ramps I have used all have adequate lighting. Have not had any trouble with bunk carpet tearing. It makes me wonder if your trailer is set up properly. Is your boat hard to get on or off trailer? Is the carpet being snagged? Pics might help.

Bearcat, next time you have the boat out, get out in the water and carefully run a hand under the toons to check for a snag, it should not be tearing up the bunk carpet. Also, you mentioned the LED lights, just so we're clear on this, are you talking about the docking lights, or the optional underdeck LED's? It sounds like both of you are having switch problems, your dealers will get those fixed for you ;)

Bearcat, next time you have the boat out, get out in the water and carefully run a hand under the toons to check for a snag, it should not be tearing up the bunk carpet. Also, you mentioned the LED lights, just so we're clear on this, are you talking about the docking lights, or the optional underdeck LED's? It sounds like both of you are having switch problems, your dealers will get those fixed for you ;)
I have addressed the problem with the boat trailer with dealer. He said that there was probaly a rough weld on the pontoons. If I would put trailer in water a little deeper it would solve problem. The next time I loaded boat , almost all trailer under water it tore big gash in carpet. Guess Im gonna have to buy the plastic slides to keep it from happening again. I mentioned the LED docking lights not being very brite, you can hardly see them on water or ground. Wished I would have stayed with regular lights. I figured the LEDs were extremely bright, I was wrong. Ihave the blue LED lights on my canopy and they are great. I highly recomend them. They are brighter than the docking lights. When I took boat back to dealer he said the nav switch was fine and it was the breaker that was bad. I took boat out a night and accidently turned nav lights offand could not get them to turn back on. I guess dealer was wrong. Anyway gonna have to take boat back for 4th time in a little over a month. Its too good of a boat to have minor problems like that. Thanks for the advice.

Bearcatt

Back