Need a new boat cover

Leo jr.

Reaction score
I’ve been searching the internet looking for a new cover for my 2006 2275GL pontoon. I’m looking for the snap on type like the one that came with my boat. I can only find the strap on style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Assuming you mean a mooring cover a local canvas shop will probably best the most cost effective as well as the best fit

Yup, have one made and they will install the snaps with it. They don't come with snaps installed.

+3 on the local canvas shop. It was about $1000 for a Sunbrella cover with the snaps installed and included 5 support poles for our 22 footer ..

I’ve been searching the internet looking for a new cover for my 2006 2275GL pontoon. I’m looking for the snap on type like the one that came with my boat. I can only find the strap on style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tumacs has been making the covers for Bennington, they have a facility in Pittsbutgh, Pa, Indiana, and Michigan. You could use google to get their phone #.

Tumacs has the patterns for the Benningtons. The Pittsburgh location has the older boats patterns. I ordered a new mooring cover for a 2008 RCW. Even spending $100 for a great snap installation tool, I was way under $1000. Installing the snaps was not a big deal

I received my quote from local canvas guy today and looks like it will be Tumacs for me - local guy quoted me 1800 (plus tax) for cover and Tumacs quoted me 1100 for cover (plus shipping) - of course with Tumacs I need to install snaps - that is both using sunbrella (25 foot RFS) -- hate that it's that much of a price difference, was wanting to have local guy put a place for third leg of top, so I could put it in upright position when I'm at Lake - also like the idea of putting a zipper in side (this age thing making it harder and harder to crawl off the dock under the cover) - can get same cover in surlast for 900 plus shipping (looks like that is what current Bennington mooring covers are made of) - for a 2005 boat, that might be the way to go and it "claims not to need retreating" although you can spray 303 on it every 3 or 4 years just to be safe. I saw some recommendations on a good snap tool, but can't find it now.. also, I have a couple of male snaps on boat that need to be replaced, is that hard? Thanks for all the good info here.

You could easily have a zipper installed in your new cover. Snaps are easy repair as long as suds not broken off, if so, you might need to get it from the back side with needle nose vise grips.

Thanks -- looks like the snap tool is an Imperial 7101 pres n snap - actually your Sail Right link looks like the cheapest I can find it - even after shipping it is 160 range and Amazon is 180 - thanks for info on snaps - have one or two on front corners that are bent, probably bumped a dock at some point in last 15 years - by the way, really like your video, what is your cover made of? It looks to be much lighter and easier to roll than my original canvas (in my profile pic)

Thanks -- looks like the snap tool is an Imperial 7101 pres n snap - actually your Sail Right link looks like the cheapest I can find it - even after shipping it is 160 range and Amazon is 180 - thanks for info on snaps - have one or two on front corners that are bent, probably bumped a dock at some point in last 15 years - by the way, really like your video, what is your cover made of? It looks to be much lighter and easier to roll than my original canvas (in my profile pic)

Not sure the brand, but it’s whatever they used for 2017 model. It’s def lighter than my 2011 cover.

Update - went w/local canvas guy and got seat covers for Summer and he will make me a mooring cover for winter w 5 poles/vents - both sunbrella -- some pics of the seat covers

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Cover1.jpg
    Cover1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Cover2.jpg
    Cover2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 45
Back