Need Advice on New Boat... Please

Looks like a nice build, with some very practical options and some good “bling” options. A nice balance in a boat that will last a long time and provide ample performance for however you use it. It will also be a better built boat with an actionable warranty (if every needed) compared to the Premier you are considering. It seems like ever since Premier started taking their downhill slide about 5-7 years ago, and then went through their bankruptcy, they have not built the same boat quality or been the same company. I’d recommend sticking with the Bennington over Premier, especially with this kind of a nice build. You’ll love this boat!

Yes, Im excited.... I always worry that Im not "making the right" layout/upgrade/motor/etc decision and fear that I want more or different (I think its called PADS here) but I need to cap somewhere and this is already about 30% more than I was planning to spend. The fit and finish appeared to be much better on the Bennington than the Premier, little things like doors shutting correctly. There may have been a more cup holders and a few other things in the Premier standard but nothing significant. The main thing Premier had going for it was the 30" PTX center tube hex design. The dealer said it is super performant mores o than any other tri-toon and they also sold Benningtons. (Mods - don't delete, I chose Bennington :) !)

For me, it was this forum that helped me along and I couldn't really find a lot of online reviews, data etc on the Premiers which can also be telling. I have no doubt they are good boats but I fee more confident with the Bennington.

I would like to hear from other tri-toon owners comparable to mine on their thoughts on rough water. Im on a river with big boats and decent wakes at times and hoping this boat will do just fine and not regret passing on that 30" PTX.

Not sure if you saw this but when I put in a 23 SSRX in the boat builder it gives me this pop-up.

This Model is Also Available in Premium L Series​

Additional Features On The L Models:
  • Enhanced rail design with 4 louvers
  • Horizontal diamond pressed 80% cut-out furniture, pillowtop still optional
  • Full width lumbar storage pocket on standard furniture
  • Passport helm with chrome rocker switches
Additional Standard Equipment On The L Models:
  • Kicker speakers with blue ice illumination
  • Color matched LED docking lights
  • Deluxe steering wheel with matching trim
  • 2 portable armrests with stainless steel cupholders
  • Tilt steering
Additional Optional Equipment On The L Models:
  • Elevated passport helm
  • Elliptical Sport Package (ESP)
  • And Even More Furniture Choices
23SSRX
Bennington_Pontoon_Boats_2021_23SSRX.png
Starts at: $ 45638 (MSRP)
23LSR
Bennington_Pontoon_Boats_2021_23LSR.png
Starts at: $ 48556 (MSRP)

Looking at your build you already selected the cup holders and some of the other options may be desirable for you as well. As my dealer told me it doesn't hurt to price out the higher trim level as this may not be too far in pricing between the two. Not that we want to help you spend your money or anything... ;) Just want to make sure you get the most amount of boat and options for your money.
It looks like you have a very nice build as others have stated. I'm sure you will be very happy with the performance of the SPS. Look on Youtube for Bennington videos and you will see some tritoons carving up the water. Enjoy!

Back