Need more gas capacity

69tigersqb

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2275 RCW. Very nice boat and no major issues, except, small fuel capacity on a very large lake. I'd love to duplicate on the port side what I have on the drivers side (+/- 19 gallons). It will handle most of our trips, but things get tense with the Yamaha 200 at times. We have on the port side a lounge chair that raises to reveal a cloth changing area that we never use. Would love to remove, and install a similar tank on that side that tees into the fuel lines in the back. Anyone have experience with some do it yourself plumbing that might work?

This is my gripe with our 24’ S-series SPS and a 200 Mercury Verado. The 33-34 gallons is insufficient at times - particularly on our somewhat large inland lake. We really need a 50 gallon tank on it. It’s something I just didn’t pay attention to as a first time boat owner when we ordered it last year.

Can't believe they would put a 19 gallon fuel tank with a 200 HP motor. Is that standard???

This is my gripe with our 24’ S-series SPS and a 200 Mercury Verado. The 33-34 gallons is insufficient at times - particularly on our somewhat large inland lake. We really need a 50 gallon tank on it. It’s something I just didn’t pay attention to as a first time boat owner when we ordered it last year.

Love our 52 gallon fuel tank........ Until it's empty.

Back