New 2014 24ft SCWX3

We are trying to decide between a SCWX I/O 5.0mpi, and a SBRX with a 200 hp Yamaha. This is our first boat and need advice. TIA.
Maybe it was said somewhere in this thread and I missed it, but you have the option to take the outboard with you when you buy a new boat. Can't do that with an I/O.

S, G, R, Q ... ?? The primary difference is how much deeper in debt you are willing to go... :)

I only have an RLi cause it was leftover that was as cheap as the G we were going to order which ended up as cheap as the loaded S we had ordered ( which started as a 20' SLX and went to 24')
There you go. If PADS hits you quick and severe enough, it doesn't hurt at all! Ha ha.

Kaydano, with GoldenRod's help I have emailed my Bennington Dealer and requested a quote on an express tube and the underdeck wave shield.  I also requested that he place a conduit in the proper location so that it would be easy to add Seastar seeing should I want it in the future [for the 150].  Both of these items are for enhanced buoyancy so that I can carry a fully loaded crew [yes, pun] on our night cruises

The reason I have decided to put money into my boat is due to the fact that our Association has limits on size of the boats on the dock.  It is Certificate of Title 24' and overall lengthnot to exceed 27' from very front to the back of the motor in the down position.  My 2275 measures with the 115 measures 26' 10".  The 150 is the same dimensions as the 115 so I will probably do that as well but I am going to take Goldenrod's advice and try the 115 for a year first.  My original plan to upgrade in a couple of years looks like it will be thwarted as no Q is small enough and the R is transitioning to the 23xx which would be too long.  Therefore I am probably staying with my boat and not upgrading.

I looked into adding the SPS but that would add 5" to the overall length putting me at 27" 3" and I love my association too much to challenge the rules.  I will be happy with my end product because after all, it is a Bennington!

Last edited by a moderator:
60K does seem like a lot for a "S"

Last edited by a moderator:
+3 on the outboard.  Modern 4 stroke outboards are the way to go on pontoons.  Even the 10 year old, 115 HP outboard on my current boat hasn't required anything but inexpensive simple maintenance.

Good logic Link!

Back