New 2018 21' SLXP is here

Had a great day on the water today with the family. Knocked 2 things off the list, scraped the lower scag on the outboard and also got my boat trailer fender bent by another vehicle. 
IMG_1969.jpg

There always WILL be a first time for dings.  Glad they were not major and that you had a great time.  More great times will be had!!

Howdy everyone! We just ordered a 2018 SLX 21, with a Merc 90HP Commander Benny. Will arrive in November of 2017. Will need to learn about boating for the next 10 months before we put in next May, 2018. We figured it would be best to build the boat online and order it from our local dealer here in West Michigan. It has been a GREAT experience working with the local dealer. We are taking the online Boat-Ed.com course to be prepared next spring. Any suggestions from you experienced Benningtonn users as to what size fenders we should purchase?. I have studied the multitude of styles, shapes and sizes and am leaning toward a Taylor Made 6.5 X 23 style. 3 of them. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

NIce boat, great combo with the SPS and the 150 Yamaha. We have a 22' with the SPS package and a 150 Yamaha and love it.

Happy Boating.

As an MSU Spartan fan, I love that green and white color combination!

Nice looking boat bwsdj! Can't believe the 2018's are out already. Never seen that color before. Very unique. 

The box anchor is very popular on this forum. I'm sure the Fortress is a very capable anchor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy everyone! We just ordered a 2018 SLX 21, with a Merc 90HP Commander Benny. Will arrive in November of 2017. Will need to learn about boating for the next 10 months before we put in next May, 2018. We figured it would be best to build the boat online and order it from our local dealer here in West Michigan. It has been a GREAT experience working with the local dealer. We are taking the online Boat-Ed.com course to be prepared next spring. Any suggestions from you experienced Benningtonn users as to what size fenders we should purchase?. I have studied the multitude of styles, shapes and sizes and am leaning toward a Taylor Made 6.5 X 23 style. 3 of them. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the build! I see your taking the boaters course. Have you ever boated before? Sounds like you'll be ready to go next spring........

My suggestion to you on the fenders.......I would get 6..........3 for each side. Can never have too much protection for your boat.......

I use 4... 2 on each side... they take up a lot of room.  I'd also recommend the Taylor clips (amazon) that quickly attach to the rails... makes life easier.

Thanks for much for taking the time respond to my questions regarding Manf. of Boat Fenders. Seems like I am hearing a great deal of positive comments for the Taylor Made Fenders.

Sincerely,

David

BTW, yes, we are first time boaters. Our location is Grand Haven, MI. Tons of waterways and lakes to cruise in. We might venture out to Lake MI. ONLY on "like glass" conditions and hug the coast line. A member asked where we ordered our Bennington 21 SLX. We ordered the boat from Halls Sports Center in Muskegon. GREAT sales person. Vast knowledge base and the sales process went very smooth. He WAS NOT pushy at all. Very trusting.  Name is Jim R.

BTW, yes, we are first time boaters. Our location is Grand Haven, MI. Tons of waterways and lakes to cruise in. We might venture out to Lake MI. ONLY on "like glass" conditions and hug the coast line. A member asked where we ordered our Bennington 21 SLX. We ordered the boat from Halls Sports Center in Muskegon. GREAT sales person. Vast knowledge base and the sales process went very smooth. He WAS NOT pushy at all. Very trusting.  Name is Jim R.

Just remember that "like glass" conditions can change in a heartbeat on any body of water. Don't get too far out. Enjoy. 

Nice boat! I have 2016 SLX with just a 90 on it but I love it. Maybe it's something with SLX's because my wife bend the fender on our trailer not long after we got it!!

Just watch that yamaha motor if you notice you lose power and RPM check the intake on the motor. 

Our location is Grand Haven, MI. Tons of waterways and lakes to cruise in. We might venture out to Lake MI. ONLY on "like glass" conditions and hug the coast line.

My brother also lives in Grand Haven. They have an 18' bow rider that they use during the week around the area. However, on weekends they head to Frankfort to the big boat! Enjoy...

What are the specs, I'm looking at something similar and curious what you got.

Back