New 2018 SLX22

Here's where I'm set at, about a 1/2", not that far off from your set up. Top hole mounted.20180618_193143.jpg 20180618_193024.jpg

Have you watched full range of trim and see how the gauge follows? Perhaps the calibration is wrong, gauge bad? At speed I'm around 1/2 to 3/4 depending on load.

Gives us the model number off the engine and take a pic of the motor mounted on the boat.Somethings not right, did the motor come with the boat or did the dealer supply it?? I’m not thinking this is a Bennington issue but a dealer issue. My 24SSLX runs 42mph at 5450 rpm, no way your 22 w/150 shouldn’t hit 40 or darn close. You’re positive it’s an SPS hull, 3 full toons. Not being a jerk asking facts.

Attachments

• Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 54
Gives us the model number off the engine and take a pic of the motor mounted on the boat.Somethings not right, did the motor come with the boat or did the dealer supply it?? I’m not thinking this is a Bennington issue but a dealer issue. My 24SSLX runs 42mph at 5450 rpm, no way your 22 w/150 shouldn’t hit 40 or darn close. You’re positive it’s an SPS hull, 3 full toons. Not being a jerk asking facts.

Attachments

• Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
Dealer installed motor. I bought off showroom floor. It had nothing on it.
Dealer is talking to bennington now. Waiting for their reply. Not sure if something has change from '18. Just cant believe that motor cant be trimmed up at all. Also, prop is 16" x 11p, does that sound right?

Have you watched full range of trim and see how the gauge follows? Perhaps the calibration is wrong, gauge bad? At speed I'm around 1/2 to 3/4 depending on load.
Yes, watched full range of guage. It seems to be correct. If you seen pic of guage, mine won't even run there with cavitating.

Also, prop is 16" x 11p, does that sound right?
the Suzukis have a unique gear ratio so don't go by mine but most on here with similar, i think, go around a 15/15.

I have a 2018' 22ssbxp with sps, yamaha f150, 25" shaft. Cavitation plate is even with bottom of center toon. 15.25" x 15p aluminum oem prop. 38.3 mph with 15 gallons of fuel and 300 lbs of people.

Looking at the other mounted motors it seems to be the right height, but your prop I believe is the problem (as mentioned). I would try that first

Dug up the specs, it’s a 25” shaft but the prop sounds waaay off. I think the prop of choice on here was the Mercury Enertia and I think most are running a 15 pitch in that horsepower application. First thing I’d do I have them swap the prop to a 15 pitch and water test, just that change can make a night and day difference on any boat.
Part# 48-898990A46
15 x 15 RH

On my F200 I am one hole up from the bottom and my ideal trim setting is 3/4 up. I can do 44.4mpph. Still hoping to hit 45 one day! I'm thinking you're prop is off. Isn't there a slip calculator site somewhere?

Dealer spoke with bennington. Said they've tested my boat and motor extensively. Said I should get 33mph and will not be able to trim anymore then what i got now. Dealer is sending me a prop to try.

Sounds like more smoke.

I have an SPS with a Mercury 150 ,Prop is a 15 X 15 Enertia
Dealer installed motor. I bought off showroom floor. It had nothing on it.
Dealer is talking to bennington now. Waiting for their reply. Not sure if something has change from '18. Just cant believe that motor cant be trimmed up at all. Also, prop is 16" x 11p, does that sound right?

Don’t take no for answer, you can obviously see the folks on here give a crap and want that thing to rip!! Push the dealer for a 15pitch Enertia and start there. There’s countless posts on here with the same hull and motor with better results using that prop....... and don’t let that bragger with the blue boat get you down, I’m still trying to catch him! ;)

I have a 21slxp sps with yamaha 150, 25 inch shaft. I get from 38-40 wot and my tunes are bottom painted, so your dealer is blowing smoke. Sounds like you definitely need to change the prop, that should help but you still should be able to trim it up. Agree with others don't settle for dealers answers keep pushing, good luck and keep us updated

Dealer spoke with bennington. Said they've tested my boat and motor extensively. Said I should get 33mph and will not be able to trim anymore then what i got now. Dealer is sending me a prop to try.
I have an RCW with the arch ,much heavier than your 22 SLX .I can hit 38 . You should be in the 40's

My lowly Suzuki gets mine into the 40's.

Back