New 2020 21' SLX SPS

Welcome! Great looking boat! My first Benny was a 2013 22 SLX with a Yamaha 115 with an express tube 3/4 center tube with short bow and stern decks and cable steering. I see you have the SPS center tube and a Yamaha 150 and both extended decks. Perfect options! We just traded ours in 4 months ago to a 2017 22 SSRCX with those very options, plus more seating. The first boat was great but this boat has better handling, more power, and great access with those bigger decks. We lucked out that it even had electrically assisted hydraulic steering which is rare on a 150 hp boat. You will have many years of enjoyment! Lots of good info in these forums. :cool: Oh, I forgot, the new seagrass flooring is sooooo much better than fuzzy carpet they use to put in Bennys. Doesn't show every little crumb and lint like dark brown carpet and doesn't have that gross carpet feel on bare feet, especially when carpets wet. Life is good! :p

Last edited:
Congratulations. Always exciting getting that new boat and dropping her in the water. Enjoy the fun!

Welcome! Great looking boat! My first Benny was a 2013 22 SLX with a Yamaha 115 with an express tube 3/4 center tube with short bow and stern decks and cable steering. I see you have the SPS center tube and a Yamaha 150 and both extended decks. Perfect options! We just traded ours in 4 months ago to a 2017 22 SSRCX with those very options, plus more seating. The first boat was great but this boat has better handling, more power, and great access with those bigger decks. We lucked out that it even had electrically assisted hydraulic steering which is rare on a 150 hp boat. You will have many years of enjoyment! Lots of good info in these forums. :cool: Oh, I forgot, the new seagrass flooring is sooooo much better than fuzzy carpet they use to put in Bennys. Doesn't show every little crumb and lint like dark brown carpet and doesn't have that gross carpet feel on bare feet, especially when carpets wet. Life is good! :p
As the happy owner of a 2016 21' SLXP with SPS and a Merc 150 with electric assist steering, I agree with every point made above.

Enjoy.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Bennington makes a great boat.

Congrats! Where do you boat???

Back