New 22' SFX APG

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock

Our new boat for the Canada fishing trip with extended family and after work fun on Caesars Creek in Ohio.

Love the curved boarding ladder.

It will be nice to return to the cabin at 35 mph instead of 14 mph and not having to fix a 14 year old boat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Congrats!!

You're not kidding, that is fishing in Luxury

You'll LOVE it! We have a 22 SFX and it's perfect for fishing, which is how we use it 95% of the time! We have same seats, which are awesome, especially when guests are on board and going for a ride! Congratulations!!

(edited to add: seat upgrade thanks to clrd! Such a great decision! :)  )

Congratulations Bruce! Nice set up!

Okay.......so are you the only member on this forum that owns 2 Benny's??? (At the same time)

Nice Bruce, love the ladder.

Congrats, beautiful boat!

Thanks everybody.  Took the old boat to our local lake to check the engine repairs I did last fall and get it ready to sell.  DNR is building a marina after 30 years of planning and the lake is drawn down below the boat ramps.  I backed the boat into the water and started and ran the engine.  Good thing I have 4 wheel drive or would have been stuck.  Now, have new boat in driveway and no place close to try it out.  Sadly going to put the cover on it and wait.  :(

Thanks everybody.  Took the old boat to our local lake to check the engine repairs I did last fall and get it ready to sell.  DNR is building a marina after 30 years of planning and the lake is drawn down below the boat ramps.  I backed the boat into the water and started and ran the engine.  Good thing I have 4 wheel drive or would have been stuck.  Now, have new boat in driveway and no place close to try it out.  Sadly going to put the cover on it and wait.  :(
Wow after all the time the lake was drawn down for repairs on the dam, they just now figured this out and do it again? That would drive me nuts!

Tom, our local lake is Caesar Creek state park in Ohio.  It's about 15 minutes from the house. The lake is down 13 ft for the construction.  April 23th, they were supposed to fill the lake but I believe with the heavy rains this spring they had to raise the water for flood control delaying construction.  Lake Cumberland KY is up because of flood control.  We had to delay dock put-in for 3 weeks because the water was above the parking area and launch ramp.   I don't really want to tow the new boat 3.5 hrs when we have the other boat there.  I know "first world problems" but it is nice.  It's why we are still working.  It helps that we like what we do. 

Just called DNR and the flood gates are closed.  It just has not rain in the last 2 weeks so the lake is very slowing raising.  Now I am like Lakeliving, need rain to fill the lake. 

Remedition, That sucks.  Hope you can get in water soon.  Leave cover off and have lunch on board in driveway today

All right you just answered my question.......didn't know you were selling the 2008.....

Tom, our local lake is Caesar Creek state park in Ohio.  It's about 15 minutes from the house. The lake is down 13 ft for the construction.  April 23th, they were supposed to fill the lake but I believe with the heavy rains this spring they had to raise the water for flood control delaying construction.  Lake Cumberland KY is up because of flood control.  We had to delay dock put-in for 3 weeks because the water was above the parking area and launch ramp.   I don't really want to tow the new boat 3.5 hrs when we have the other boat there.  I know "first world problems" but it is nice.  It's why we are still working.  It helps that we like what we do. 

Just called DNR and the flood gates are closed.  It just has not rain in the last 2 weeks so the lake is very slowing raising.  Now I am like Lakeliving, need rain to fill the lake. 
Oh yes, I was confused, assuming your full time lake was Cumberland  :)

I remember ~30 years ago starting a house boat trip at Grider Hill for the first time one spring. We backed our boat down the narrow ramp to see 30'+ trees with all of their green leaves on, totally underwater! You could see the entire length of the trees clear as day, with not a ripple on top, and perfectly clear water. It was early morning, foggy, no one else there yet, and we almost backed the tow vehicle right down into it! I'll never forget it  :p

All right you just answered my question.......didn't know you were selling the 2008.....
Actually I am selling our 22' 2002 crest sport which is our first pontoon.  We will have two Benny's for awhile.  

I love the 2575 but it is a beast to trailer and really too big for the local lake but it is perfect for Lake Cumberland water that can get rough.  The kids take 10 friends to the lake house and everybody has a place on the boat. 

We got some rain Tuesday while I was away on business. Got home last night and it didn't bring it up much. Boat is still sitting in the drive. mid 80's and sun today too...Hopefully you get out on it soon and post some pictures of all the fish!

Back