New 2275 GCW owner

Barry B

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2014 GCW with 150HP outboard is it worth getting an express tube installed I took it for a test drive this fall and fell in love with it, but it seems to be sitting a little low in the water would the express tube be the fix?

The express tube will just raise the bow more. I don't have the express setup though. Congrats on the new boat and lets see some photos!

Welcome! There is also a recent thread regarding water splashing caused by the express toon set up that you might want to read. I'd also try to rule out a pontoon leak if she's sitting low.

The express tube will just raise the bow more. I don't have the express setup though. Congrats on the new boat and lets see some photos!
thanks for
Welcome! There is also a recent thread regarding water splashing caused by the express toon set up that you might want to read. I'd also try to rule out a pontoon leak if she's sitting low.
Thanks for the input , I know a lot about pontoon leaks I had a older sweetwater maybe I will just try it out for the summer and make my decision in the fall of 2019 after all I only took it for a test drive for about an hour very impressed I always wanted a Bennington, by the way when I say setting low I mean the stern end of the toon

Sitting low in stern is probably not uncommon with a 2 tube with 150. Just the nature of a 2 tube. The cost of a middle tube will be quite expensive as they ship separate vs. under another pontoon in previous years.

I added the Express toon and underskinning to my 2012 RL. Glad I did, such a better ride. However I would only recommend for upgrading from a two toon already owned, if purchasing new would not consider the Express would purchase the SPS

Are they 25" tubes or Ellipticals? I have the latter on the exact same boat and find that she sits with about half the tube showing at the stern.

This is a good look at how my G sits. Remember, it's a heavy boat.

Back