New 23 ssbxp with Sea Legs

Renegade34

Reaction score
92FD973E-CA7E-4BDA-AC7D-CB6D025D011A.jpeg I finally picked up the new Benny. It’s a 2018 23ssbxp with a Merc 150 four stroke and Sea Legs.
I had a few people interested in top speed with the Sea Legs. The dealer was able to hit 34-35 mph with 2 people on board. He said it might get a bit better once the break in period is over.
I attached a quick picture from the hotel parking lot as I haven’t gotten it home yet. I’ll post more later.

Oh yeah, that's a looker...

NICE!!!!! :)

Nice looking Bennington enjoy!

Looks great! Enjoy it this summer.

Looks almost exactly like we are building. We did decided to do Ultra Legs in ours. Hoping to get to 38mph!

Sharp looking boat Renegade! That mph is pretty decent for having them on there. Will be interesting to see where you top out with more people/stuff on the boat. That said, the flexibility they provide will be nice.

Thanks for the compliments! I’m eager to get it out on the water. Now just have to wait for the ice to come of the lakes up here :(

Thanks to Vikingstaff and all the other members that helped me decide on options!

Looks almost exactly like we are building. We did decided to do Ultra Legs in ours. Hoping to get to 38mph!

I’m sure you’ll probably hit that with the Etec. They’re supposed to put out a lot more than they’re rated for.

One thing that I had Bennington do was fill in the top section of the bow gate as I have the filler seat for there and I thought it’d look better than seeing the back of the seat through that opening.

It’s black with firecracker accent.
The seats are Napa beige with Tuscan dune.

FYI: You should make a YouTube video post of getting up and going down on those Sealegs. Minimally, I hope to see a pic of your boat up and out of the water on them. :cool:

Now that I know how low our water level gets at our cottage by mid-August (was new to it at the time of our dock/lift/boat purchase), I think I might have configured our Bennington with them too and forgone the extra mph we get top end without them.

With Sea Legs instead of our lift, we’d be able to add 1.5-2 more months of boating to our calendar. However, to add them now we’d have to wastefully remove our under-skinning, which is also nice to have. o_O

Congrats. She’s a beauty.

FYI: You should make a YouTube video post of getting up and going down on those Sealegs. Minimally, I hope to see a pic of your boat up and out of the water on them. :cool:

Now that I know how low our water level gets at our cottage by mid-August (was new to it at the time of our dock/lift/boat purchase), I think I might have configured our Bennington with them too and forgone the extra mph we get top end without them.

With Sea Legs instead of our lift, we’d be able to add 1.5-2 more months of boating to our calendar. However, to add them now we’d have to wastefully remove our under-skinning, which is also nice to have. o_O

With the new method of installation the underskinning stays intact. I’ll post a few pics of it. This is my 3rd boat with Sea Legs and they are a must have for me. It’s so nice not having to lug a lift in and out every year and also having the convenience of having your lift with you wherever you go. Unfortunately, my 2 buddies that I share a dock with usually sucker me in to help with their lifts anyways. o_O

Last edited:
So you can have Sea Legs AND underskinning? D’oh!

Is it the normal underskinning - as in you already have underskinning and you can add Sea Legs. OR is it you need to order Sea Legs, and then do special underskinning around them?

Or I am misreading/seeing this, and you cannot have both together.

The boat came with the underskinning and then the Sea Legs were added later. They don’t remove or modify the factory underskinning at all. This method of installation is fairly new so I’m not sure if every sea legs dealer does it that way yet.
Another nice thing is that the dealer just made a phone call and Sea Legs provided and installed them instead of a service dept. at a dealership that doesn’t do them often fumbling their way through it. They just get a few hundred bucks for the phone call and Sea Legs does the rest. I don’t know if that’s common down there or not. It’s not here. The boat dealers install them but I feel better having people that do them all the time and specialize in them doing it.

Renegade, Love the set up its very similar to mine.

One thing I am very envious of is the rear deck speakers, we park at a sound bar quite often and hang out in the water and I can see us using those big time....Its almost the reason I upgraded to a 22GSB model but I opted for the 24SSBXP. Can you do me a huge favor, I would love to see the inside mounting of that rear speaker set up if you lift up the swing back if you get a chance?? Thanks!

Back