New 23SSBXP Ordered

kaseya72015

Reaction score
Ordered our 2019 23SSBXP with SPS and Yamaha 150 that is firecracker with white accent. Ordered from dealer on March 2nd, found out today build date is April 15th, and should have at dealer by or before April 29th. This will be perfect as the weather here in central Arkansas is getting warmer by the week.
I am lucky, I am involved in the transportation part of Bennington, and know a few people in the production scheduling, so I got my build pushed up by a few weeks when a spot came open in the schedule. I am going to try to get them to take pics of it going down the line from deck to finished boat.
We had a 2012 G3 22' two toon with Yamaha 115, so we are excited about the upgrade. It has been a long time coming. Lots of great info on here. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Sounds awesome, congrats!

Welcome Kaseya! I'd be excited if I were you, too! Bring on the pictures...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great boat, and ditto looking forward to pictures once you get it. Happy boating this summer.

Congrats and welcome!

Congrats, you got lucky with the quick build date, I remember waiting almost 4 months for ours. We have pictures of our Build it is a great visual aid when your discussing how happy you are with your Bennington. if you can, also try and get to a factory tour, its also a added extra bonus

Congrats!!

Congrats! I just signed papers Thursday for the exact same thing sans color choice. I'm taking a stock model and getting ultra legs installed- hopefully it doesn't hurt performance too much.

Congrats! I just signed papers Thursday for the exact same thing sans color choice. I'm taking a stock model and getting ultra legs installed- hopefully it doesn't hurt performance too much.

They’ll impact performance somewhere in the range of 5-7 mph top end based on other peoples posts over the last couple of years. Will sit a bit lower in the water too if in shallows. Otherwise, they’ll be a great convenience. Congratulations to you as well on your boat order. We will all look forward to pictures once you get it. :)

Thanks! We're super excited to get on the water after this BS Minnesota winter. Previous boat was a 2011 Glastron that nobody but me liked to go over 35 mph in. I'm hoping to still get 30 mph with the legs on our new tritoon and I think it's doable. Nobody can give me a definitive answer so thanks for the input. If needed it's rated for a 200 so that's an option if I go insane and want to drop $6k on an upgrade.

I had to go with the legs as our new lake lot only has about 2 feet of water throughout the summer and is too shallow to be comfortable with a lift. Also the reason we had to trade the runabout. I'll just have to get used to a more relaxed boating experience and that doesn't bother me a bit.

Ordered our 2019 23SSBXP with SPS and Yamaha 150 that is firecracker with white accent. Ordered from dealer on March 2nd, found out today build date is April 15th, and should have at dealer by or before April 29th. This will be perfect as the weather here in central Arkansas is getting warmer by the week.
I am lucky, I am involved in the transportation part of Bennington, and know a few people in the production scheduling, so I got my build pushed up by a few weeks when a spot came open in the schedule. I am going to try to get them to take pics of it going down the line from deck to finished boat.
We had a 2012 G3 22' two toon with Yamaha 115, so we are excited about the upgrade. It has been a long time coming. Lots of great info on here. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Very Nice! I think you will love your upgrade.

Thanks! We're super excited to get on the water after this BS Minnesota winter. Previous boat was a 2011 Glastron that nobody but me liked to go over 35 mph in. I'm hoping to still get 30 mph with the legs on our new tritoon and I think it's doable. Nobody can give me a definitive answer so thanks for the input. If needed it's rated for a 200 so that's an option if I go insane and want to drop $6k on an upgrade.

I had to go with the legs as our new lake lot only has about 2 feet of water throughout the summer and is too shallow to be comfortable with a lift. Also the reason we had to trade the runabout. I'll just have to get used to a more relaxed boating experience and that doesn't bother me a bit.
Nothing wrong with more relaxed boating. Heck, as I write this post I'm lounging in my Benny on my lift with an adult beverage enjoying a nice spring day! It's a wonderful break from a very stressful work week.

Ron - you have a 150 on the new boat, right? Even with your legs you’ll get 30 no problem so long as your toons are kept clean. Just dial in your prop, engine mount, and you will be good to go.

And besides, the other things you gain with it: comfort, flexibility, aesthetics, ease and flexibility of just putting up on those legs, etc will more than make up for the little bit of top end speed that you lose.

I have a 2018 23SSBXP with sps and a 150 Merc 4 stroke with Sea Legs and I get 32mph with light load. That 32mph is at only 4700rpm wot (14.25x17p prop) so I’m putting on a 15x13p Enertia prob which should get me up in the 5500rpm range so might be able to squeeze a bit more out of her yet. We shall see.

It's actually 15.6" diameter with 13p.

Thanks, guys. Yes, it has the SPS package with the 150 Yamaha. I'm not too worried about top end speed and having legs will be really handy. My brother has a 21' pontoon with a 115 Merc and sea legs and only gets low 20's. His kids are young so it's ok for pulling them but I want to be able to pull an adult on a tube or skis. Sounds like my setup should do it!

Thanks, guys. Yes, it has the SPS package with the 150 Yamaha. I'm not too worried about top end speed and having legs will be really handy. My brother has a 21' pontoon with a 115 Merc and sea legs and only gets low 20's. His kids are young so it's ok for pulling them but I want to be able to pull an adult on a tube or skis. Sounds like my setup should do it!

I think you’ll be fine tubing with any group. I wonder about adults and skis though. Not sure on hole shot, and getting them up quickly and smoothly. Maybe fine with a moderate to light load, but not so much if a heavy load...?

Back