New 26 LX Model - Same Deck/Toons but Engine Transom extended 6" further back?

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
As I dream about my Benny arriving in April:

I noted the 26 LX has the same Deck and Pontoons as all other 25 models, but it appears they have extended the engine back an additional 6" which has increased the LOA to 27'9". Any thoughts on how this would affect performance? Seems odd this is the ONLY model to which this has been done (the L has the standard 27'3" LOA). I originally thought just a typo, but then looking at pictures, it does appear the Transom extents further out the back of the Benny!?!? Just curious, seems the Dealers have not seen many, if any, of these 26LX's yet.

1614118190990.jpeg1614118216429.png
This is my 26 LX with the extended aft deck. Can’t say I compared it to others but does seem like it sticks out the back. I thought this was the same as the R series 25? Thought they just changed the rounding between the two series.

Here is the spec comparison I did when trying to figure out the variances between the Benny's Same Toon Length, Same Deck, but the LX is 6" longer. Upon looking again, it appears everything in the L series is longer. The 25' L's Toon and Deck is 1 foot shorter than the 25 R, yet still has that extra 6" LOA. I am curious why / what was changed. Vs the R & Q series, you can see the Transom appears to be longer. An interesting puzzle.....

Attachments

• Benny Specs Comparison.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 15
I think I found the answer as to why the newer LX and SX models have longer LOA though the same Deck & Toon length. Obviously the additional LOA is from an extended Motor Pad then, and per the Barlette Pontoon Web Site:

Extended Motor Pod​

Our extended motor pod offers two (2) distinct advantages...first, we've eliminated the need for engine tilt restrictors. Our engine cowelings will not hit our tube-tow bar. Secondly, and more importantly, our extended pods provide BETTER performance by providing cleaner water management for the propeller.

Extended Motor Pod​

Our extended motor pod offers two (2) distinct advantages...first, we've eliminated the need for engine tilt restrictors. Our engine cowelings will not hit our tube-tow bar. Secondly, and more importantly, our extended pods provide BETTER performance by providing cleaner water management for the propeller.
I thought it looked like it stuck out rearward but considering I’ve never owned a pontoon before had nothing to compare it to. Good investigative work!
1618263563958.png

I think I found the answer as to why the newer LX and SX models have longer LOA though the same Deck & Toon length. Obviously the additional LOA is from an extended Motor Pad then, and per the Barlette Pontoon Web Site:

Extended Motor Pod​

LLP

Attachments

• 16182733518288525744957520210310.jpg
    16182733518288525744957520210310.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
Back