New Bennington Carpet 'still' gets wet!

I use this one for better control 

http://www.amazon.com/418-1-Liter-One-Hand-Pressure-Sprayer/dp/B000BX4VXI/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432067546&sr=1-1&keywords=solo+sprayer

71FPuebydTL._SL1500_.jpg
That's great! Thank you!!

Even though I have sounded so "unhappy" with my new boat, I am anxious to get her out on the lake this weekend! I'll post more pictures, she is a beauty, and I will post the progress with the skinning, hopefully Bennington will let me purchase the strakes from them directly and I will get them welded on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think Bennington would buy you strakes? You bought the boat and now you want  free stuff because you don't like it?

Carl is spot on. It's not Bennington's fault. You could "hope" your dealer will spring for them, but really, you said you had gotten a great deal, so I wouldn't be holding out for that either. You may find yourself at a PAD's meeting with the rest of us! :)  

Easy fella's...I misspoke..if you recall my last 50 posts I am clearly blaming my purchase errors on myself, not even the dealer..the dealer was awesome and has gone out of his way to work with me. Bennington sold me exactly what I asked for. i will gladly purchase what i need but what I a mean is I am hoping Bennington will sell me the parts, my dealer was not sure because I don't want anything  aftermarket. I see what I wrote, and see that I sound like I want something for nothing....but that could not be farther from the truth. What I am worried about is getting the strakes, then finding someone that does precision aluminum welding, then putting them in exactly the place that Bennington would put them in at the factory. I jumped the gun without doing my homework and now I have to figure out what to do. Y'all have given me great guidance and I appreciate that. (I don't know what a "pad" meeting is though). 

I edited my comments. clearly not what i intended to portray. 

Lol!! PAD = Pull A Derrick. He's on his third Bennington in what, 2 years ..... He doesn't have as many hours on three as I had on mine the first month I had it !! :)

Also, all Bennington parts must be purchased from a dealer. Bennington does not circumvent their dealer base for parts sales.

Freddy, if you want to really see the difference between your boat and one with tritoons and a 150, find me on the lake this weekend and I will let you take mine for a spin.

I will look for you this weekend. I may just admire your third toon and the 150. experience may push me over the edge. lol!

I will look for you this weekend. I may just admire your third toon and the 150. experience may push me over the edge. lol!
Your dealer can add an " Express Tube "

Also, all Bennington parts must be purchased from a dealer. Bennington does not circumvent their dealer base for parts sales.
Thanks. My dealer, even though a super nice guy, and a great experience buying from him, is not one to suggest this or that. When i mentioned ordering he did not respond like he thought that was even a possibility. I will ask him again when I speak with him today. I would buy another boat from him...I will just know what I want next time. I will start with the "factory" skin, if that does not make me happy I will push for adding the strakes. If nothing else I might help my resale a bit. Then January, the next boat show....It's on. (am I right to think the best time to buy is the big boat shows?)

Your dealer can add an " Express Tube "
Okay, see, that is what i was thinking might be the best solution with my engine. However, another local dealer I was talking to told me the cost was like 5,000. It would seem i would be better off at that price to just take my hit and trade. What do you think...?

On my second order ( 1st order February 2013, 2nd  order December 13)  there was a larger discount and additional promotions in December . 

There are others here that have added it ,I'm sure they can answer .

I ordered both of mine in the early fall and received a great price both times. Your market could be different than here in MI

I purchased the Express Package which includes the  underedeck wave shield and although I can't remember th exact price it was significantly less than the $5k you mentioned 

I ordered both of mine in the early fall and received a great price both times. Your market could be different than here in MI

Yeah, the cool weather season gets the discounts moving ... maybe that's why Derrick is on his third one ... the discount season up there must be from like august through june ......  :D

Back