New Bennington Owner!!!!

Rbol121

Reaction score
Hey All, the wife and I just ordered a 2015 2375GCW w/ 115 hp Yamaha. This is our first boat as we just purchased a cottage on a lake in Northern Mich last fall. So far I love this forum, alot of great information. Anything that I should purchase, look out for or just straight up advise or hints on Boat ownership would be greatly appreciated.

Hey All, the wife and I just ordered a 2015 2375GCW w/ 115 hp Yamaha. This is our first boat as we just purchased a cottage on a lake in Northern Mich last fall. So far I love this forum, alot of great information. Anything that I should purchase, look out for or just straight up advise or hints on Boat ownership would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome. Where in Northern MI is your cottage?

Aside, some specificity to your questions would be helpful.

Greenbush, MI (Cedar Lake). I guess to be moire specific, cleaning/care for the interior? Anything that becomes useful to have on the boat with you while on the water? and any other tidbits of advise or things to purchase that compliment the toon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ +1 (if you plan on tubing or anything, 35hp may not seem like much, but that particular 35hp is HUGE! ) what tube setup did you get? Oh, and WELCOME! 

Yup, congrats and more motor.

Congrats and welcome. I love how we always advise more hp!!!

You might consider a 150 for that length boat if you plan tubing or towing anything.
Have to agree 100%.  I rented prior to buying and the rentals were all Benningtons with 115 HP outboards and they just did not have enough power to ski and tube with 6 people in the boat.  My first pontoon purchase had a 150 HP engine and that was a huge difference -- no problem tubing, skiing and whistling down the lake at 40 MPH.   My next and current is a 225 HO (high output) and it isn't nearly as big a jump in performance as going from 115 to 150.  Max speed on the 225 HO is 46.5 MPH gps.

Congratulations and Enjoy 

"Lake Living Is Living At It's Best"

108671583.jpg

Advice : Post Plenty of Pics (lol)

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. HP wise we are at the very top of our spending limit, so anything higher than 115hp, financially unfortunately isn't gonna happen. We will mainly just be cruising, light tubing with 10yr old daughter.

Quick question, a good buddy stated that a 90hp Evinrude ETEC, would be better than 115hp Yamaha. What's everyone's opinion on that statement. I have read great things bout both, would there be a major step down to the 90hp ETEC, is there that much difference?

Welcome and congratulations

Stick with the Yammy 115.

Welcome to the party!  Congrats on the new boat!

Back