Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

New Bennington Owner

Discussion in 'Northeast U.S.' started by Kathy Darrah, Jul 11, 2018.

1. hds9995

hds9995 Member

Well, I realize this string of posts is a few months old but I guess I'll join in the mix for the fun of it anyhow... Wife and I are new to pontooning. Right now we trailer our 2012 RCW2575 Benny around on a Venture tandem axle trailer to various Finger Lakes
    in NYS. Love it! Had to do some trailer mods though. Had noticed a 4-5 inch bow in the frame piece the toung mounted to.
    So off to the scales I went. The boat weight with engine and gear maxed out my trailer weight rating.. Too close for my comfort level. I replaced the original frame piece with a larger frame piece and extended the frame to mount to a cross member. Now the trailer rides level without needing the ball to be 5 inches higher to accommodate the bow in the frame.. (Regarding the post above) In my opinion about trailering, be sure your tires are rated for the weight your carrying including proper air pressure. Also, the axle weight rating is important, as well as the hitch rating. That's just the trailer part. Then your vehicle is another piece of the puzzle. If you want to know for sure, go to a scale and have your boat weighed to find out if your within the weight specs for your trailer.
    Hope this helps a little...
    Chris
    benny3.jpg benny1.jpg benny2.jpg benny4.jpg

SEMPERFI8387, lakeliving and Michiman like this.
  2. sjhorner9475

sjhorner9475 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking boat. I really like the CW floor plan. A question for you. Where does the playpen cover attach at the stern with the open railing?

3. hds9995

hds9995 Member

Hey there, Steve. Thanks for the "welcome".. My snaps follow the side railing down to the floor, then comes around the back at the bottom of the loungers, then into the transom. The tow pole sticks out through a hole in the canvas.

4. BulldogsCadillac

BulldogsCadillac Just some guy

How long is that setup? From tip of the tongue to the back of the motor. Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks way shorter than both my 2275 RCW's were. Do you have any pictures after your 'upgrades'?

5. hds9995

hds9995 Member

The set up length is a good question! I never measured the total length... It has to be about 32 feet.
    Here is a picture of the trailer mod. and a brochure picture just to show how it was originally assembled.
    . trailer mod.jpg VP-24-30.jpg