New Benny Arrived - 2017 Flooring Installed

Great to hear you came to a resolution that everybody is happy with. As was expected Bennington took care of the issue for another happy customer! Just reinforces the statements made on this forum as Bennington being the premium manufacturer we all love! 

I just thought of another option... maybe, just maybe another dealer out there bought the boat you want and perhaps Bennington could do a "locator" like they do in the auto biz. How cool would that be? Sorry I did not think of it sooner. If there are only a few that were built with your flooring, maybe Just maybe it's out there and it would only take a few phone calls to see. They should have a list of the HID #'s and where they went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the ideas but We customized the layout of our boat so I highly doubt there's another one it there like it. I'm satisfied with the end result and an rest for ice out to hit the water!

Glad you got this resolved. After years of seeing it on this forum, there was no doubt in my mind that Bennington would make it right with you.

But, there goes our marina idea.

We put an order in on a 2017 back in December with platinum seagrass flooring.  We were notified a couple of weeks ago that the platinum seagrass flooring we had ordered was no longer available.  They were discontinuing it, and they ran out prior to getting to our build.

Through our dealer, Bennington had requested a flooring change, and offered to give us Beige seagrass free of charge.  Since our interior colors are in that direction, this change would work fine for us.  We accepted.  However, we were offered to make any other change we saw fit too.

All of this was communicated to me via email with my sales person at our dealership.  That is what should have happened with you originally.  You should have been offered options through your dealer, as well as some sort of concession for them not being able to fulfill the order as invoiced.  It is nice that they did this in the end, but seems like your dealer may have dropped the ball on this.  

Since Bennington had contacted our dealer with this issue, and they contacted us...I wonder if Bennington had also contacted your dealer too?  I wonder if your dealer just made the change without consulting you vs. contacting you and letting you make the change as you saw fit (as our dealer did with us)?

I am hopeful you will like your boat with its different flooring.  Hopefully it will not detract from it.  It is unfortunate that it went down the way it did, but at least Bennington tried to step up after the fact.  We hope you enjoy your new boat this upcoming summer!

Maybe we should clarify our business model. Our focus will be PADS sales to members on the forum. As we've seen there is a pretty good return customer rate here and we could leverage the relationships built on here over the years and offer suggestions based on their needs.

I could probably be the Canadian liaison!! Then I could write off the boat payments, you know, as my business office. 

Back