New boat need to sell old Bennignton

homeskillet

Reaction score
I ordered a '13 2550 RCB last week with Merc Verado 300, in black with taupe trim. Ive had a Bennington now for 12 years and am totally sold on them. Can't wait for it to arrive but, I need to sell my 2002 Bennington 2550 RL, with 225 Honda. I've spoken to sales rep about value (he says $22k ish, retail) but, haven't really found good place to check its value. Boat is in nice shape with 130+ hours on it and in the Grand Rapids, MI vicinity. Any advice on how to best determine value and ideas on where to market it (besides my Lake)?

Carl has the right site. Nice Bennys with 3 toons and at least a 150 are hard to find. I had to pay NADA retail for my '05 when I bought it because it is hard to find them. Now I'm waiting for all these nice newer ones with 250's and up to become available! Steve

I sold my 2005 Harris/Johnson 50 4 stroke in only one week at the very end of last season to someone local to our lake for within $1k of what I paid for it brand new. The NADA guide was very low in my case. I think a best in class Benny with a reliable Honda 225 with only 130 hours would be worth considerably more than that. My neighbor just sold his 2009 25 RL with only a Merc 75 for mid $20's.

Check Boattrader.com prices for boats with Honda 225's and maybe get 2 or 3 buy bids at dealers to see where they are on it wholesale. I found a huge difference before I decided to just sell it myself.

Good luck!

Welcome to the party homeskillet. You can take a look here: http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats
Hey thanks but, I should have mentioned that NADA was the only site I could find for boat prices however, NADA prices are far off because with pontoon boats there is one price regardless of options or engine installed on boat. You get one set of prices regardless of any facts. Thanks for your help.

I sold my 2005 Harris/Johnson 50 4 stroke in only one week at the very end of last season to someone local to our lake for within $1k of what I paid for it brand new. The NADA guide was very low in my case. I think a best in class Benny with a reliable Honda 225 with only 130 hours would be worth considerably more than that. My neighbor just sold his 2009 25 RL with only a Merc 75 for mid $20's.

Check Boattrader.com prices for boats with Honda 225's and maybe get 2 or 3 buy bids at dealers to see where they are on it wholesale. I found a huge difference before I decided to just sell it myself.

Good luck!
Good advice, thanks. I have been looking on boat trader sites but, haven't seen any similar ones to mine. I think $22 for this boat is a good deal...especially after ordering my new one! It's in great shape, sips fuel and hauls the mail!!

You can use the NADA Guide, but remember you have to price both the pontoon AND the motor. When you look up the value of the pontoon it gives the value of the pontoon without the motor unless it states otherwise. Dont forget to price the trailer if you are selling that as well. Another good resource is https://www.buypenton.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?SubjectCode=ABOS&ref=ABOS You can purchase a single look up on this site and it has very comprehensive input for the values and allows for the condition of the unit as well as area to add in the motor and the trailer.

Stacey

Dealers often use NADA and/or ABOS Blue Book guides to estimate used boat pricing, sometimes taking the average from the two since the guides can differ significantly. Your maintenance history is also important in a used boat sale. A used Bennington in good condition will hold a strong value...it's a great benefit to owning one! Good luck with the sale, TB

That didn't take long, not surprising to Benny owners

Back