New boat/new to Bennington

Mjwhitcomb

Reaction score
Hello to all. I am new to this forum, new to Bennington and I have a few questions.   I picked up my ordered 22SSX last week. Today, I installed a fish/depth finder. While doing so, I noticed that the dual battery switch that I ordered with the boat didn't seem to be working correctly. Position 2 works fine. But when I switch to position one there is no power. However, when I test both batteries with a meter, they are both charged. So I tested at the output of the switch. When at position 2 it seems fine. At 1 the voltage continuously drops yet the batteries still tested fine.  My dealer is over 2 hours away and I have to wonder if I am overlooking something stupid.

Secondly, I also ordered the LED Console exchange along with LED Cupholder lights and Bimini lighting. I am just wondering what exactly the LED console exchange is supposed to do because I can't seem to find any LED lighting on it. According to my purchase agreement, I paid for the LED console exchange but I can't figure out the significance of it. I guess I am just wondering what I paid for.  Any input would be appreciated. Thank you all for taking the time to read my mumble jumble. 

For the battery issue check wire locations on the switch itself.  Battery 1 pos cable to switch pos 1.  2 to 2, etc,...  Sounds like a cables might be swapped somewhere.   

LED console just has the appropriate switches say for cup holders vs the one with underwater lights. I believe on the S there are not enough switch positions to have all options switched. My Bimini lights has a switch on the Bimini railing and not on the console as an example. I have a G. R's and Q's has more rocker switches. 

Others will advise if correct. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply.  After messing with it for awhile today, I discovered that the lugs on the bottom of the switch were hooked up backwards.  I switched them around and everything is working now. Thanks again. 

Welcome to the forum!   There are many good friends here who are always willing to help!

Just so you know  WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome To The Bennington Famiy 

We look forward to pictures and enjoy sharing experiences

Wishing you memories that will last a lifetime :)

107175339.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Also wishing you a lifetime that lasts as long as your memories. 

Congrats on the new purchase. Now, for the pictures? 

Welcome aboard!! can't join the fun without pictures!

Nice looking boat!  Thanks

My neighbors have the same color scheme on their G. Looks sharp.

Welcome to the forum! Love the color scheme!

Back