New boat

CC_PA

Reaction score
We are currently searching for our first pontoon boat, actually first boat ever. We have gone from looking at bowriders to pontoons. Bennington has definitely caught our interest and in particular the 2250 BGR. We intend to cruise, fish, and tube, as well as entertain, so it seems to fit all of the above. The one we were looking at recently had the galley added, the privacy changing area, the extended aft deck, and I think the elevated helm. Seems to have everything except the ski pylon which would need to be added. I saw this is a new model this year. Any one have any thoughts about this model or suggestions of anything to add for options? Also, unlike automobiles I haven't seen anything, online at least, to suggest pricing. Bennington quality seems to be pretty high. Does that correlate with prices closer to MSRP? Thanks in advance to everyone. I have only just begun to read through some of the topics, but it seems like a great board. Thanks again.

CC

CC_PA,

Welcome to te forum! I can't stress this enough to you or anyone else that joins the Bennington family, you WILL love owning a Bennington. Not only that but the compliments you will get reinforce your decision to buy one every time you are on the water.

Regarding pricing, I'm sure some of the folks with custom ordered Bennys can speak to price. I bought existing dealer inventory and was significantly lower than MSRP.

Good luck to you in your decision!

This too is existing inventory and it seems to be a good deal, although I don't have much to compare it to. It's about $12000 less than MSRP.

CC

I'd say you are getting a good deal @$12k off MSRP. I spent a month negotiating for about the same.

What % is that off of MSRP?

That's about 25-30% off MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind providing numbers if it's allowed. I haven't had a chance to look at the rules for the board. It does come out to about 26% off MSRP. They are willing to throw in a few "extras" too. It almost seems to good to be true, but as I said, I haven't got anything to really compare it to. Also, this was a price at a boat show. I have seen where some people say the best deals are at boat shows and others say no.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the rules/etiquette is either, but I'm guessing this info is getting pretty close to the edge.

I posted the % discount we got in another thread not too long ago, and didn't get slapped for it. I'm guessing dealers wouldn't like seeing this info posted. Not sure about the factory. It shouldn't impact the factory (I assume they charge all their dealers the same) but the factory might step in here to keep dealers happy.

The way I see it is you're going to find out this info one way or another, and I'm guessing this board indirectly helps sell a LOT of boats (I bought one largely due to this forum), so it's probably a push. Any dealer that doesn't want to sell below a certain price simply doesn't have to, regardless of whether your friend got a better deal somewhere else.

Regarding the "boat show price", the way I see it is those that got their personal best deal at a boat show will say boat shows have the best prices. Those that HAVE gotten a better price than the prices they've seen at boat shows will say boat shows are NOT the best price. If you didn't catch my logic there, re-read the last couple sentences. I know which group I believe.

And, just to remove all doubt, I'm actually part of the second group. The price we paid in Sept was quite a bit better (more than 10% less) than what I saw at a boat show a couple weeks ago for a very similar boat (and after adjusting for different options to put them on equal ground). That said, I didn't try to haggle with them on the "boat show" price that was posted, so I really don't know if they would have come down more or not. I'm guessing they probably would have.

I'm not looking to haggle either. I don't think I'm getting taken advantage of by any means. I think what I have is a good deal. I'm a believer as long as you are satisfied with the deal you got, then that's what really counts. Thanks for everyone's replies.

I'm not looking to haggle either. I don't think I'm getting taken advantage of by any means. I think what I have is a good deal. I'm a believer as long as you are satisfied with the deal you got, then that's what really counts. Thanks for everyone's replies.
Go to Boat Trader On-line. Some dealers have a few 2012 prices posted. Most say "call for price". Me, I prefer to keep my business local when it comes to new, but I suspect a Bennington Dealer would take care of warranty work regardless, or I hope so.

Back