New Bow Rider

packman

Reaction score
Any initial thoughts or experiences on the new bow rider? Interested In ride quality compared to performance package on R25 today

With it being a new model and all, it'll probably be some time before someone on this board either demo's one or purchases. Perhaps BoatTest.com will do a review.

My dealer ordered 3 additional boats with my order to complete the load ,1 is a bow rider. Hopefully it ( the bow rider ) will not hold up the load

With 300hp $140,000

I looked at the Bowrider and I think it’s cool in concept but poorly designed. As I walked onto the boat, the bimini blocks entrance on the side entry. The bow of the boat is closed off with no access . You have to walk on the seat & over the fence. In other words...no front gate/entrance equals no use of bow. What a waste of space. Front passengers seat lower, meaning they will get wet in choppy water as the side fencing is not as high.It might be nice on a calm lake, other than that...it’s kinda too much waste of a boat in practicality especially at the price.

Last edited:
I dont know what motor he ( my dealer ) has planned ,but he wanted one in the showroom . I priced 1 out online, more than what I wanted to spend . I have not seen one in person but I have heard that unless you want to climb over and on the seats ,you can not board at the bow

I looked at the Bowrider and I think it’s poorly designed. As I walked onto the boat, the bimini blocks entrance on the side entry. The bow of the boat is closed off with no access . You have to walk on the seat & over the fence. In other words...no front gate/entrance equals no use of bow. What a waste of space. Front passengers seat lower, meaning they will get wet in choppy water as the side fencing is not as high.It might be nice on a calm lake, other than that...it’s a waste of a boat in practicality.

Your opinion .... Bennington has stretched the limits on design, Bennington leads, not follows.
I‘m all for new and different design. So no front gate ... not a issue for me. I could live without it if I had that style boat and purposed for a different segment of market. I guess you don’t like “cruisers” then either???

Your opinion .... Bennington has stretched the limits on design, Bennington leads, not follows.
I‘m all for new and different design. So no front gate ... not a issue for me. I could live without it if I had that style boat and purposed for a different segment of market. I guess you don’t like “cruisers” then either???
CORRECT It is only an opinion, which was asked for. Have you seen the boat up close? If not than please don’t criticize my opinion!

I did see one at the Nashville boat show last week and I liked the design but not sure if I like it enough that I would consider purchasing one. No doubt the design is leading edge and I give Bennington kudos for that. I had no problem boarding the boat from the side. The bimini top did not get in my way. The lower fence may indeed result in passengers getting splashed but an on the water test ride would help you determine that. On one hand I don't mind the fact that there is no bow gate. But for me personally, the only way to board my boat when in the slip I have is from the bow so this would be a deterrent for me. The center tube also has a modified configuration due to the "sunken" bow. Another reason I would want to take it for a test ride on the water before I were to buy it.

As pontoons continue to gain share in the pleasure boating market, more innovative designs will find their way to market. The great thing is there are so many different layouts and options, there is a pontoon to meet every boater's needs, desires, and budget.

How about some pics of this unicorn! :)

I'll pass. Not enough cup holders.

Ha!

I'll pass. Not enough cup holders.

Ha!

You could buy a nice $100K bennington, then buy a another smaller bennington for $40K to follow you around that holds your drinks for when you need one. problem solved

I couldn't count how many times I've asked someone to "hold my beer".

Funny that for the price of a new Bennington, i could afford to hire someone to do that.

I was really impressed at first glance with the look and layout but I climbed up on the front of the boat via the trailer and immediately noticed the lack of entry. It made the front half
Look really inviting though. And being the driver typically I like how low the passengers will be

my concerns is I saw a test online at one of the magazines maybe the one above and it showed 44 mph as topspeed with a 300 seemed low may not be actually.
I would want a lot of lift to carry the front high in the water to keep the passengers dry along with the extra weight that would probably be up there

if I was looking to one I would have to spend a lot of time studying it and have a lengthy water trial More so than any other configuration they currently offer. But I’m not looking to buy one and I commend Bennington for doing new things.

Back