New Bow Rider

If these do not take hold in popularity, the original purchaser will lose a considerably more of initial investment than they would on a traditional pontoon.
Their performance will be slightly less than traditional pontoon with same engine.
(Shark Tank impression) And for those reasons, I'm out.

But I’m not looking to buy one and I commend Bennington for doing new things.
If it pans out, they will "own" the market. Kudos for breaking new ground.
I cannot recall what they called it, but Bennington attempted a wakesurf hull a few years back. Front 2/3 was traditional pontoons while the rear was V-hull.
I don't think any ever made it into customer's hands, but it show that they are not afraid to invest in outside of the box ideas.

Thanks for posting the videos. Very cool design. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Nice job Bennington!!

WOW! Were rolling on this topic.I have not seen one in person ,but I do like what I see in the Bow Rider. Hopefully see one in person soon. Keep the comments coming guys!

Perhaps this is a minority view, but it looks a bit closed off and too separate from the rest of the boat. We like to have a more open flow on our boat without that choke point of going down the steps. As for visibility, I wish I had an elevated helm (not available on my model when I bought it), but when I do need the better sight lines (such as when docking) I typically stand at the helm with my right knee on the seat (cushioned by the throw cushion). To each their own!

Hats off to Bennington innovation. With that being said...... We used to have a bowrider. Loved it until the kids got older and we needed more room. That's why we have a pontoon boat now. More room and a much better ride. Not even close. I guess the big selling point is the front cockpit sits a bit lower so the Captain has better visibility and can see over the front passengers. Good concept. But for me personally if I'm operating our boat and I'm unable to see forward entirely I will ask the person to move to another spot. As far as losing the front gate that wouldn't work for us. We use that gate to enter/exit and I have an extra cleat dedicated to anchoring in that location. I'm sure this particular boat model is going to be pretty popular. Just not for us.....

Would like to see one in person before I make up my mind but do think it is pretty sharp looking

Typically a bow riders not entered from the front, so for “reaching” out to the bow rider market, I think this is a win! As with other models, time will tell if it eaks into the G/S line. I think it’s only real drawback for those that like it, is the price.

I did price one ,with the standards and options ( as best as I could ) as the Q I just ordered ,it wasnt that far out of line .But we do use the bow for boarding and, it is not available with stern loungers .

I just talked to my Dealer. Salesman was telling me there is a lot of interest at the Boat Shows and many phone calls and people coming into see the BowRider. He said you really have to see it to appreciate. Go peek guys !

Back