New Build Help

JColberg18

Reaction score
Hello All - Looking for some help on some possible options as well as if pricing is looking like a good deal. We will be boating on a 1000 Acre fresh water lake in WI. Is the Vmax SHO worth the little extra $? This forum has been great in helping me with this process and want to see what you guy and gals think. Sorry for the long list, but looking to pull the trigger this weekend.

2020 Bennington 23SSBXP - All Midnight Black
SPS Package
in floor storage
Steering Assist
Blackout Luxe
Black Rub rail insert
Heavy Duty Rub Rail
Kicker Speaker Upg
RGB Toe Kick Lighting
illuminated cup holders
Striker 4 Fish
Swingback Stern Lighting a grill Upg
SS Swingback keeper rail
Simtex Platinum and Espresso
Bow Gate Seat
Curved Bimini Black
Elevated Helm
Vinyl Teak Flooring
Battery Dual switch
Dock Lights in LED SS housing
Ski tow bar
Pop up cleats (Aft and Bow)

150HP Yam VMAX SHO - $mid 50k +$1000 for VMAX, tax, Reg etc.
150HP Yam F150 - $mid 50k+ tax, reg etc.

Last edited:
Only 1000 acres? Would skip the SHO. Ultimately up to you, though.

Only 1000 acres? Would skip the SHO. Ultimately up to you, though.
We will also pull it out 1-2x a year to go to Lake Wisconsin which is a 7100 acre lake. Also what is the big difference between the f150 and the VMAX? Dealer told me more mid range.

For 1k, I’d go with that VMAX SHO. Plus, it would look pretty awesome with your boat color and blackout lux package. :cool:
That’s my thoughts....my wife on the other hand is getting tired of my 2 month obsession. Anyone know that have recently purchased a similar setup, paying mid 55K for this setup. This is my first boat and not really knowing what a good price from MSRP. MSRP on the VMAX is $80,200, is there a standard % off that most see paying?

Just over 30% off MSRP sounds like a great price to me! Also in the same ballpark as one recent post....

Your price based on % off MSRP is a phenomenal deal. Your potential build spec is also super solid. That would be a flashy looking boat, and a great performance boat. It shows that you have done your homework and put a lot of thought into it.

I’d get the VMAX for the above listed differential, but realistically you’ll be in great shape with either motor. Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your final few order decisions.

You have done your homework and are purchasing “ your last boat first.” Great build. Welcome to the forum and to Bennington. If you are truly a new boater I strongly recommend you take a boater safety course.

Sounds like a awesome toon. We just got a 22SSBXP w/150 Yami VMax with 98% of the same build as you are looking at and love it. For me personally I wish I would have went to the 200VMax. As it sits now, 5800RPM and 37-38 MPH.

Looks like an excellent build!
I've got a 22ssbxp with mostly the same options and a Yamaha 150. The 150 has been very good for us and we can pull tubers and skiers etc well. That said, while I'm not sorry I didn't get more HP, you never will have too much. If you are unsure, go for the 200. I'm not sure how much more performance it will be over the 150 but I've never heard anyone say that they waster their money on a bigger motor.

You said "steering assist" is that Power steering assist, or just hydraulic? I personally would get the power steering if it is currently only hydraulic.

Ok we put the order in, I could also bump from the 150 Vmax SHO to the 175 VMAX SHO for $1000 more.....should I do it?

Ok we put the order in, I could also bump from the 150 Vmax SHO to the 175 VMAX SHO for $1000 more.....should I do it?

You will never regret more horsepower. It is not a lot of HP but any amount counts.

I have virtually the identical build and I was at $55k with a trailer. That was last year though.

It would've been $55k plus tax (I'm guessing) but I'm from Canada so no taxes at the dealer but paid my appropriate taxes back here. The build is almost identicle though with some very minor differences. Just dug out the invoice. It was actually $54240. It's a 2018 (ordered in fall of 2017) though. My only regret is not going with a galvanized trailer instead of painted and possibly bumping the HP (but I don't think that one ever ends, :D).

Back