New build SSBXP question

Outabounds68

Reaction score
Does the boat come standard with a depth finder? If not what do I need to select to get one on the boat. I don’t need anything fancy, just depth. Thanks, Brett

A depth finder is not standard, I’m sure there’s an option for something simple on there. I just went for the Garmin for the gps and all the other features. Couldn’t find a fish on it if my life depended but I could get home in the dark! :)

Yup, not standard. We got the Simrad G05 with our boat last year. It has depth plus many other features. It probably falls in the fancy and certainly expensive category.

We really like it, but it is a pricey add on. We don’t have experience with anything else but many others on here do. Hopefully they can give more ideas.

Before doing any DYI add on's .Remember factory installed is 10 year warranty.
Looks like the Striker 4 is your best option according to the build page

We like the Striker 4. It is inexpensive and provides depth, speed, water temp, battery state and I think the current time.

Striker 4 works good and you can use it as a basic GPS and waypoint device.

Anyone have a 2017 SXP with a Striker 4 that can post a picture of their console? Out of curiosity, I’d be curious what it looks like vs. ours (2017 SXP with the Simrad). Do they mount them in the same spot? What’s the display on the striker 4 look like? Etc...

Yup, not standard. We got the Simrad G05 with our boat last year. It has depth plus many other features. It probably falls in the fancy and certainly expensive category.

We really like it, but it is a pricey add on. We don’t have experience with anything else but many others on here do. Hopefully they can give more ideas.
Does the Simrad show MPH?

Plus if you network it to your motor, it can show all your motor information do.

Hers the manual if you want to check out the features.

ftp://software.simrad-yachting.com/documents/GO-XSE_EN_IM_988-11093-003_20th%20July.pdf

Mine came with a cheap Garmin that quits showing depth once you hit about 14 MPH. Sounds like that's not a problem with either the Simrad or Striker, right?

Mine came with a cheap Garmin that quits showing depth once you hit about 14 MPH. Sounds like that's not a problem with either the Simrad or Striker, right?

I have the same issue on my Simrad. Depth typically blanks out after about 15-20 mph range. From what I’ve gathered on this forum, I think it has to do with transducer (be it the type transducer itself, where/how its mounted relative to water disturbance at speed, or its angle vs. boat angle under speed). :confused:

Part of me would like to mess with it so it works when going faster, and part of me doesn’t care because “hey, I’m on the water and life is good...”. :D

Back