New cover for Mercury 90 EFI

BusyKYmom

Reaction score
Without going into the details on how a group of young girls who did not know how to drive a boat, rented a pontoon from the local marina and managed to WHACK the boat against my brand new 2012 2275 RCW ENGINE.....fortunately nothing was hurt except a really obnoxious scratch across the cover.

Where would you recommend we order a new one? Best price?

Things like that just amaze me, do they even check to see if the renter has a clue?

You can go rent a skid steer, and they just ask 'you know how to run that thing?'

I think you'll have to get one from a dealer or search online for a better price.

I recall seeing a price list for motor parts, and funny you should post this question, because i remember the cover for our new 115 was $1000.

I recall seeing a price list for motor parts, and funny you should post this question, because i remember the cover for our new 115 was $1000.
OMG!!!!

Thats what i said... (OMG)

$1000.

No typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get with the rental company. They have insurance to cover their renters. The renters homeowners insuarance is first, the parents is second depending on their age and then the rental company. we rented our boat out for 4 years when we first bought it in 2004 at Indian Lake OH. You should be made whole for this but you will have to be a pain in the ass to make it happen. Everybody will pass the blame. If you have a really good insurance company they will handle it. Call them and put it in their court. Otherwise it is up to you to make yourself whole which is a new cover. Nothing less. Good Luck and be a bulldog

We are getting an accident report from the Fish & Wildlife ranger who took statements from everyone and the girls readily admitted they did it and did not know how to drive a boat. I am guessing the marina had them sign something holding them liable for any damages they caused. In fact, the ranger told us he made the girls buy a new prop as they got stuck on some rocks as they were returning the boat! Kentucky boating laws are terrible.

Will discuss with our insurance agent after we get the report. I had no idea it would cost this much to replace!

We are getting an accident report from the Fish & Wildlife ranger who took statements from everyone and the girls readily admitted they did it and did not know how to drive a boat. I am guessing the marina had them sign something holding them liable for any damages they caused. In fact, the ranger told us he made the girls buy a new prop as they got stuck on some rocks as they were returning the boat! Kentucky boating laws are terrible.

Will discuss with our insurance agent after we get the report. I had no idea it would cost this much to replace!
BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand B)

Back