New Forum Member

Smoky Mountain

Reaction score
Greetings from East TN and Tellico Lake.

Looking at a 22 foot basic three tune with a Yamaha 115 its the largest engine allowed on this model. Seems like it should perform well. Anyone able to comment on this pontoons performance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to replies. I just bought a 2011 leftover RL with two 25" toons. Dealer lets you choose Yamaha motor. I opted for the 115 HP. Hope I didn't make a mistake not saying the 150. We are low speed crusiers [10 - 15 mph] and party people and choose it as a comprimise to save the $2000 upgrade to the Yamaha 150. Our 2275RL is a two toon 25" with no strakes [wish we had ESP package but it was less expensive to buy leftover 2011 RL than design G series 2012 with eleptical and the 2011RL has tons of features like side panel and below water LED]

We are on a large lake, 29 miles long that can have 3' white caps. Hope to hear comeents on strakes, rough water package and underdeck wave sheild.

Can any of the above 3 packages be added as aftermarket?
Greetings from East TN and Tellico Lake.

Looking at a 22 foot basic three tune with a Yamaha 115 its the largest engine allowed on this model. Seems like it should perform well anyone able to comment on this pontoons performance?
Looking forward to replies. I just bought a 2011 leftover RL. Dealer lets you choose Yamaha motor. I opted for the 115 HP. Hope I didn;t make a mistake not saying the 150. We are low speed crusiers [10 - 15 mph] and party people and choose it as a comprimise to save the $2000 upgrade to the Yamaha 150. Our 2275 is a two toon 25" with no strakes [wish we had ESP package but it was less expensive to buy leftover 2011 RL than design G series 2012 with eleptical and the 2011RL has tons of features like side panel and below water LED]

We are on a large lake, 29 miles long that can have 3' white caps. Hope to hear comeents on strakes, rough water package and underdeck wave sheild.

Can any of the above 3 packages be added as aftermarket?

Hello to both and welcome to the forum. If you stick around and become active, I am certain you will find lots of nice people with ideas and informtion they are willing to share.

As for your particular boats, I cannot say because I have not been around those models. However, if they are anything like the other models I have been around, you will find them to be of the upmost quality and craftsmanship in the boating industry.

Once again, wecome to the forum.

andy

Link,

I have a similar set up R series.

1. On other forums, I've read comments from RL owners who have the 150hp and cannot break 30mph (2 tubes w/o strakes).

2. I have an R with 115 Merc. Fuel economy is stellar and top speed is around 26 mph with cruising around 18mph. I average 12 gallons of fuel for 5 hours of running time.

3. The lake I am on is 101 miles long. I took it out during the poker run this year and only had issues with some spray. (5-6 ft rollers hitting my bow) Not scary at all, just wet.

4. I would not have an aftermarket group touch my tubes with a torch for fear or voiding my warranty. You could contact your dealer for adding strakes and/or bigger engine if you feel you didn't make the right decision now. The ESP is not worth the money invested add an add-on now if you are not buying a bigger motor, like a 250hp.

I hope this helps.

Link,

I have a similar set up R series.

1. On other forums, I've read comments from RL owners who have the 150hp and cannot break 30mph (2 tubes w/o strakes).

2. I have an R with 115 Merc. Fuel economy is stellar and top speed is around 26 mph with cruising around 18mph. I average 12 gallons of fuel for 5 hours of running time.

3. The lake I am on is 101 miles long. I took it out during the poker run this year and only had issues with some spray. (5-6 ft rollers hitting my bow) Not scary at all, just wet.

4. I would not have an aftermarket group touch my tubes with a torch for fear or voiding my warranty. You could contact your dealer for adding strakes and/or bigger engine if you feel you didn't make the right decision now. The ESP is not worth the money invested add an add-on now if you are not buying a bigger motor, like a 250hp.

I hope this helps.
Spinzone, your answer does help. I am comfortable with the decision to stay with the 115 and leave the toons as they are. Thanks for the response

Spinzone, your answer does help. I am comfortable with the decision to stay with the 115 and leave the toons as they are. Thanks for the response

Looked at the boat show boats and the dealers inventory yesterday. Studied late into the night. There were a few things we wanted that none of the inventory rigs had.

Returned to the Knoxville show today and started out building up a GLSeries 2274. No trailer or LED lights but just about every other option including vinyl deck with in/out carpet and extended stern platform. Layout is basically the standard. Dual Bimini as we have had too man years of sun. 115 Yamaha, performance package, triple with 25 inch tubes.

6-8 weeks so by May we should be riding high and dry. This is boat number 10, and our first pontoon.

It will be docked at the Tellico Village Yacht Club, Lake Tellico.

Spend an extra 3000 and get the 150hp with ESP. Worth every dollar.

Congrats SM on your new toon.

Back