New G Series Helm

Alicedream

Reaction score
Looks good, but not as good as the concepts that were floating around. I guess I won’t be dropping a couple grand on a helm swap now .... whew ... ;)

Thanks for sharing! I agree with Semp though. The concept drawings looked amazing

Last edited:
Not bad but I think I prefer mine. The mounting of the Stricker 4 at a slight angle doesn’t appeal to me. To each his own.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

just got mine back from the shop, Lowrance Hook2 9" installed and looks great.

Not bad but I think I prefer mine. The mounting of the Stricker 4 at a slight angle doesn’t appeal to me. To each his own.

I agree on the Striker mount. It would drive me nuts on angle like that.

An improvement but would still rather the raised helm HelmElevatedOption-DSC3866.jpg

You can get it with the raised helm

As a potential buyer of the G series in the very near future I am very disappointed in this new helm design. What a downgrade from the existing design ! The Striker 4 install looks like a complete after thought. And why would they put a cheap plastic cover over the 12v and USB ports? The location of those items which I envision being very popular as charging ports is also rediculous. This is thumbs down horrible.

I like the raised helm. It makes me ask the question of Bennington, "Why isn't the raised helm standard on all Bennington pontoons?"

As a potential buyer of the G series in the very near future I am very disappointed in this new helm design. What a downgrade from the existing design ! The Striker 4 install looks like a complete after thought. And why would they put a cheap plastic cover over the 12v and USB ports? The location of those items which I envision being very popular as charging ports is also rediculous. This is thumbs down horrible.
I agree the Striker 4 looks like an “oh yeah, we forgot the gps”. I could live with the door if there was enough room to put the phone in the compartment or a way to route cables out with the door closed but it looks like a no on both counts.

I like the raised helm. It makes me ask the question of Bennington, "Why isn't the raised helm standard on all Bennington pontoons?"

Like all things, if you bumped up every option to standard, you’d lose 50% of the purchasing market. That’s what makes Bennington so nice, there’s almost a boat for EVERY budget.

Plus I like my existing G glovebox down below ..... missing on this new helm ....

I agree the Striker 4 looks like an “oh yeah, we forgot the gps”. I could live with the door if there was enough room to put the phone in the compartment or a way to route cables out with the door closed but it looks like a no on both counts.

Seems like they could have moved the Striker 4 down a few more inches and it would lose its tilted look. The way it is installed in the pic is especially bad since you would have to lean to the right and tilt your head to the left to view the screen. I did see another picture of the helm with the Simrad GPS GO7 installed - looks OK but I have no interest in that overpriced option. The Striker 4 install on the pictured helm is just plain mediocre for the high price tag of the G's. I'm hoping it is something that passed thru their QC dept (but how could it have ????). Or are the Striker 4's installed by the dealers perhaps?

But you can use the cup holder now .... :D

It looks like no side door? If not, while it may clean up the looks on the side, I would trade my ease of access for both storage and repairs that is provided by a side door.

On the depthfinder, I'm wondering if that was a dealer install. Looks so bad to me that I can't imagine the factory shipped it that way.

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like no side door? If not, while it may clean up the looks on the side, I would trade my ease of access for both storage and repairs that is provided by a side door.

On the depthfinder, I'm wondering if that was a dealer install. Looks so bad to me that I can't imagine the factory shipped it that way.

Thanks for sharing!
Hope it's a dealer install......can't imagine the factory thinking that was a good look

Side door looks to be right where it normally would be. Just slide through all the pictures. OR are you talking about a door on the helm?

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like no side door because they access the under helm through the sliding seat back. Although neat in design, definitely not great for those of us who like to install stereo gear in there and keep our cooler out of the sun and tucked away.

Sometimes that's the problem about design, sometimes it looks clean and slick but totally unpractical. I imagine it's hard to come up with a revolutionary new helm design and keep all the functionality of the simplistic design.

Question, do all motors, or at least 98% of them, have the nmea output? If so, redesigning the helm to have screens instead of analog gauges would be far better served. Get all your information from the engine, heck even have some sort of proprietary software / hardware like the ski boats have, displaying a nice digital Bennington swoop, and all the pertinent information on screen, and detailed in a sub menu. Making it standard across the lineup. I loved the Nautique's gauge cluster and how well it displayed everything either on one screen, or with the touch of a button.

And for heavens sake, single out a few of us trusted members and consult with us and we can give an honest opinion of what the general public / response will be!
(Consider this my application to be a Bennington Club Insider!!). :)

Back