New G Series Helm

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to the hell door (or possible lack thereof).
I knew what you meant, I even know you don't mean H E double hockey sticks either! Haha

I'm expecting our G in a couple weeks and unfortunately I'm not to happy to see this dash, I don't like it.
I knew they were changing the dash and by ordering a boat I knew I'd get a 19 and I knew it would have the new dash. I could have held off ordering until I saw one, but I didn't. Not Bennington's fault, I gambled and it looks like I lost IMO.

Compare the new dash

IMG-1508.JPG

With the 2018 dash.

IMG_3958.JPG

Sorry but the 2018 dash is much classier looking. Yes, there are a couple things that I don't care for, but overall the new dash looks cheap.
To me it looks close to the dash in the 2018 S models.

IMG_3956.JPG

The dash in the 2019 S models is about the same.

IMG-1589.JPG

One of the reasons we upgraded to the G was the better looking dash.
I guess I'll just have to wait til I see it in person and hope we like it.

This makes it easier to stick with the 2017!!

I agree with Baja. Fairly similiar to my 2017 S series dash. A little nicer, but much more similar than it used to be.

Definitely looks like a step back in my opinion. The new G series helm looks like it should go with the S premium models instead.
I also liked the side door better as it was one storage area that I can access without bugging passengers to move.

Last edited:
I have to admit I like my 2015 SCWX helm much better. The one thing about the new helms I like is getting the throttle back allowing an elbow on the arm rest at your side. Don’t like the loss of leg room to the right though. Flight deck appears somewhat cramped. Change for the sake of change isn’t always best. Saw a Tritoon on lake Saturday that had two 300hp Mercs hanging off the stern. Not sure what brand, definitely not a Benny. The helm was so raised the boat Capt looked like he was sitting on a throne. Kind of looked awkward. Hope everyone had a great holiday.

It doesn't appear you can drive standing up AND have one hand on the throttle very easily...

Major flaw if true. Hampers docking, driving through debris, picking up skiers and tubers, trailering, beaching, manuevering a crowded lake, etc.

This would be a horrible mistake. Major safety issue.

From the looks of the new 2019 helm in the G models I'll be sticking with my 2014 model for quite a while. The only thing different from the 2018 helm pictured and my 2014 helm is the fact I don't have the raised helm option (something I sometimes wish we'd gotten). But the 2018 still has the undesirable location of the cupholder in the helm....right in front of the throttle which limits forward movement when you have a larger drink than a 12oz can. By larger drink I mean a large soda from Micky D's or Taco Bell:):)

Not a fan of the flip up ladder either....I know some people prefer them but I like the cleaner look of the stainless ladder that telescopes and tucks nicely away under the stern.
IMG-1514.JPG

Rear cleats are moved roughly 12" forward from old location as well.
IMG-1513.JPG

Like the table mount up front but would prefer another mount installed in the rear lounge area so table could be moved to either location or a second table could be purchased when entertaining more guests.

IMG-1512.JPG

IMG-1511.JPG

From the looks of the new 2019 helm in the G models I'll be sticking with my 2014 model for quite a while. The only thing different from the 2018 helm pictured and my 2014 helm is the fact I don't have the raised helm option (something I sometimes wish we'd gotten). But the 2018 still has the undesirable location of the cupholder in the helm....right in front of the throttle which limits forward movement when you have a larger drink than a 12oz can. By larger drink I mean a large soda from Micky D's or Taco Bell:):)

Not a fan of the flip up ladder either....I know some people prefer them but I like the cleaner look of the stainless ladder that telescopes and tucks nicely away under the stern.
IMG-1514.JPG

Rear cleats are moved roughly 12" forward from old location as well.
IMG-1513.JPG

Like the table mount up front but would prefer another mount installed in the rear lounge area so table could be moved to either location or a second table could be purchased when entertaining more guests.

IMG-1512.JPG

IMG-1511.JPG

I added a table to my build. The same thought on the ladder , went with the stainless steel ladder. The extra $200 for the pop up cleats was a no brainer. My wife would of broke her toe on the other ones and that is $250 deductible at the ERResized952018022495132703951145.jpg Resized952018030795103042952282.jpg

no I can't use the cupholder. Had the same problem on the 2006 . The 2006 was an R and had cupholders in the armrest. Amazing that this is still a problem

no I can't use the cupholder. Had the same problem on the 2006 . The 2006 was an R and had cupholders in the armrest. Amazing that this is still a problem

Well not if you have the previous G helm, I was stating this for the new style helm.

I cant go 3/4 throttle with anything in the cupholder in my ‘18 G series. I think this has been brought up a million times, good to see that it was addressed... As for the helm, I prefer the looks of the ‘18 to the ‘19.

same problem on my 2018 G helm

Correct. You have a 2018 “old style” helm. The new one looks like it has more distance.

Back