New Here, looking at Benny for first Pontoon... any advice.

McCurdy21

Reaction score
Hello, all!!

New to the forums and found this one while searching for Pontoon info. Wife and I have come close to deciding to become a 2 boat household. We currently live on a lake and have a 210 Nautique that we use for wakeboarding/surfing/playing/datenight/fireworks...etc... looking to expand to a pontoon and transfer some of those roles from the Nautique to the Benny (i hope).

I have found This:
New (0hrs) 2014 22 SSX Rear Fish with 90hp Yamaha, No trailer,
90 HP 4 Stroke, Maple Matte Table, Recliner upgrade, 2 Deluxe Bass seats upgrade, Extended bow upgrade, Aqua Teak Extended aft flooring, Fish finder, Curved bimini Top w/ Led Lights, Ski Pylon. - Close Out Pricing !!!

For sale about a 1000 miles away from us and have just been in contact with the dealer to confirm that it is still available. I love this model because we also fish on our lake quite a bit and thus far have yet to find an efficient way to fish off of the wake boarding boat.

Just mainly wanted to introduce myself and see if there is any advice that I could use? I have been scouring listings for the past 2 months and for a 22SSX, I think I have found a great deal... Its 4 years old, but according to the listing and the dealer, its brand new... What should I check out? Not sure if people talk price on here, but does anyone have an idea of what I should be paying for this, They have it for around 26 with no trailer.

Any info from y'all would be great.

Welcome to the family. We try not to discuss $$$ but IMHO it's a great price.

just out of curiosity is this a Bennington dealer 1000 miles away?

Hopefully, welcome to the Bennington family. Sounds like a very nice boat. Lots of nice upgrades. I'm spoiled. My dealer is 1 hour away. But I agree...My guess is a "dealer showroom" boat. You won't be sorry. And when you bring her home....we expect pics...lots and lots of pics! Good find!

You can transfer date night and fireworks to that boat but it wouldn't do much for hard playing with a 90. What is the tube setup? Can you get a bigger motor?

Sounds like a great deal, I have a 22SFX with recliners, troll motor, trailer, and 115hp. 2018 model. you got a steal at that price. How much is delivery expense is involved and would you need to buy a trailer? If no trailer is needed and delivery is reasonable then I would jump on it. I wish I had the extended decks. Always need extra room, especially when fishing.

We have this exact year and model in our family. Same engine. I found it for my MIL who needed a smaller pontoon to pilot on her own. I expect that yours is a two toon model based on the engine. It is a great, versatile boat that can do many things. A fantastic platform for fishing. Kids love to sit in the rear fish seats. A good layout with the front benches for cruising/beaching. It will perform ok for tubing we routinely pull two teens behind it. I don't think you will have great luck skiing behind it unless the skiers are light. And the price is very good even without a trailer. Tops out at about 30 mph with a light load. Likes to cruise at 15-18.

Hopefully, welcome to the Bennington family. Sounds like a very nice boat. Lots of nice upgrades. I'm spoiled. My dealer is 1 hour away. But I agree...My guess is a "dealer showroom" boat. You won't be sorry. And when you bring her home....we expect pics...lots and lots of pics! Good find!
Thanks, Tex.. Well, we have a dealer just down the road, they just don't have much for inventory, they do have a 2018 SSX but it is priced close to double what this 2014 is. Just looking for a "good deal" and willing to drive to get it. And actually, this dealer is down in your neck of the woods, in Austin.

You can transfer date night and fireworks to that boat but it wouldn't do much for hard playing with a 90. What is the tube setup? Can you get a bigger motor?
I think they are 25s... The plan for this was to be the cruise, fish, swim platform... we would still wakeboard/surf/tube with the Nautique.

Sounds like a great deal, I have a 22SFX with recliners, troll motor, trailer, and 115hp. 2018 model. you got a steal at that price. How much is delivery expense is involved and would you need to buy a trailer? If no trailer is needed and delivery is reasonable then I would jump on it. I wish I had the extended decks. Always need extra room, especially when fishing.

There is currently no trailer included... I am working on that plan... My neighbor has a 22SS, may see if I can borrow his trailer to go pick it up, then buy one or have one made this summer while the boat is in the lake.

HA! Austin....GOT IT! You don't buy that boat...I just might!! Great find. Get her out on Lake Travis! Oasis is the bomb!oasis-12.jpg r t The Oasis on Lake Travis.

depending on what you've heard.....they are TRUE! LOL. I grew up on the southside. Little town called Rollingwood. Spent part of my youth on Lake Travis. Back in late 60's, early 70's. We started what is called "Hippie Hollow". Back when Armadillo World Headquarters was rocking with all the great Texas outlaw musicians. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Tom Paul, Haggard, Cash, etc. SRV was later. Awesome lake, gorgeous scenery!

That place looks pretty cool!!!

Back