New member new to me boat

Dgj

Reaction score
Just purchased our first tritoon, came from the bass boat world. After months of searching used boats finally found a
2010 2550 rcw with a 250 verado
Loving the ride and comfort of the boat. Posting in the props page due to needing to get the current prop freshened up. I was going to pick up another prop for while It is sent Off and to be my new primary or a back up if it doesn’t do as well as what I currently have. looking for guidance on quality props for this particular boat that might help with speed/overall performance compared to what I currently have which is a

Solas Lexor
3 blade
15.75 “
15 pitch.

4 people 1 cooler
Full tank of fuel 75 gallons(can’t find where this was an option) but to my surprise at the first fill up it held 73.5 gallons
Both tops closed and booted
Wot 5600rpm
40mph
Cavitation plate is setting at the right height while running

Forgot to mention the boat is the esp with center toon fuel tank. Under deck skins all so.

I have spent hours reading and now searching on this forum and have learned a world about Bennington tritoons before and after I bought one. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to put good information out there especially for new owners like me.

Seen a lot of people running the enertia props What is the big difference between enertia and enertia eco? I am mainly wanting to cruise at 30 and keep my gph as low as possible. Currently my gph at 30mph is 15 on calm days and close to 20 when I have a head wind or 2+footers.

Eco's have a larger diameter and the lowest pitch is 17 which is too large for you. I think a 16p Enertia would be good for you. Can you borrow props somewhere to try them?

I have a somewhat similar setup with a 23RCW and a Yamaha Vmax 250. The dealer put on a Salt Water Series II 17 pitch prop and the jury is still out with me. My boat's been sitting in the lake for 5 weeks now and I know some of this speed loss is due to algae but my top speed as of the other day is 38 and the top RPM is 5400. The dealer is offering to swap it out with a 15 pitch but is saying while I might gain a couple of miles an hour on the top end, it will be at the expense of low and mid range acceleration, hole shot and a loss of MPG. He said my RPM is down because of the air and water temp along with the near full tank I had for the test (along with the algae buildup on the hull). He claims if the air and water were cooler my rpm would be 5600 to 5700 and had it there when he tested it prior to delivery.

My first Benny had a 19 pitch. It was a foot shorter and also had a 250 but it was the 3.3 litre version which he said has more torque and was propped correctly. He's not recommending the 15 pitch, it's only to appease me so I'm probably going to stick with the 17. Prop diameter matters too but there isn't enough aspirin in the house right now to start messing with that!

Last edited:
Thank you.

I have a call in to a local shop on the water that will let me try props if he has them in the shop but he won’t order one for me to just try. Which I totally understand. But I am leaning towards a regular enertia in 16p after all my research, hopefully we will get a good day where I don’t have a 15+ north blowing to run it with just me and one more in there and really shake it out.

The Verado 250 Pro can turn 6400 max, so 6200-6300 lightly loaded is ideal. You can certainly use a lot more prop. I agree a 16p, maybe even 17p Enertia would be ideal. My 2275RCW ESP had an 18p Enertia, 6250 rpm trimmed out, ~50+ mph top end, but a lighter boat.

I have a somewhat similar setup with a 23RCW and a Yamaha Vmax 250. The dealer put on a Salt Water Series II 17 pitch prop and the jury is still out with me. My boat's been sitting in the lake for 5 weeks now and I know some of this speed loss is due to algae but my top speed as of the other day is 38 and the top RPM is 5400. The dealer is offering to swap it out with a 15 pitch but is saying while I might gain a couple of miles an hour on the top end, it will be at the expense of low and mid range acceleration, hole shot and a loss of MPG. He said my RPM is down because of the air and water temp along with the near full tank I had for the test (along with the algae buildup on the hull). He claims if the air and water were cooler my rpm would be 5600 to 5700 and had it there when he tested it prior to delivery.

My first Benny had a 19 pitch. It was a foot shorter and also had a 250 but it was the 3.3 litre version which he said has more torque and was propped correctly. He's not recommending the 15 pitch, it's only to appease me so I'm probably going to stick with the 17. Prop diameter matters too but there isn't enough aspirin in the house right now to start messing with that!

Probably shouldn't listen much to your dealer. The 15 will accelerate HARDER than the 17 in the low and midrange so long as diameter is the same. I've got the same motor on a gsr2250 and am looking for the 17 swsII. Running a 16 pitch swsII currently. Both 15 1-2 inch diameters. Maybe we could work out a swap.

Just purchased our first tritoon, came from the bass boat world. After months of searching used boats finally found a
2010 2550 rcw with a 250 verado
Loving the ride and comfort of the boat. Posting in the props page due to needing to get the current prop freshened up. I was going to pick up another prop for while It is sent Off and to be my new primary or a back up if it doesn’t do as well as what I currently have. looking for guidance on quality props for this particular boat that might help with speed/overall performance compared to what I currently have which is a

Solas Lexor
3 blade
15.75 “
15 pitch.

4 people 1 cooler
Full tank of fuel 75 gallons(can’t find where this was an option) but to my surprise at the first fill up it held 73.5 gallons
Both tops closed and booted
Wot 5600rpm
40mph
Cavitation plate is setting at the right height while running

Forgot to mention the boat is the esp with center toon fuel tank. Under deck skins all so.

I have spent hours reading and now searching on this forum and have learned a world about Bennington tritoons before and after I bought one. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to put good information out there especially for new owners like me.

Seen a lot of people running the enertia props What is the big difference between enertia and enertia eco? I am mainly wanting to cruise at 30 and keep my gph as low as possible. Currently my gph at 30mph is 15 on calm days and close to 20 when I have a head wind or 2+footers.

Congrats on the boat. Don't use the 15 pitch on the Solas as the gospel truth. I've got a 15 1-2 x17 Lexor that I bought new before $$$ on the 17 prop. It beghaves more like a 18 pitch. Guy at lake Lanier propeller said they are notorious for being over pitched. Good luck

Well after a couple more weeks of running and every time out something new getting put on the boat to stay and add weight I have about decided to send in my computer this winter and see if I might not be able to turn a 17p eco. When I have another 75hp I’m all ready buying 91 marine fuel so that isn’t an issue. I got my 15p lexor dressed up and recouped and now it feels like it isn’t biting half as good. And I have lost 10mph when loaded. Haven’t tried it light yet but it is killing my economy when loaded compared to before I had it dressed up.

Back