New Member with Questions!

So as the research continues, I have more questions.

- Looking at the engine options, I'm drawn to the 150 VMAX SHO. However, for a few bucks more, $384, why wouldn't I go for the 175 VMAX SHO? I know, that this is the best time to buy HP, and you can never have too much, seems like a no brainer.

- Power-Assist Steering....I know....I won't regret getting it. But would I regret NOT getting it? Looking to be convinced it's worth the $3,000, with the 150 or 175.

Thanks!!

So as the research continues, I have more questions.

- Looking at the engine options, I'm drawn to the 150 VMAX SHO. However, for a few bucks more, $384, why wouldn't I go for the 175 VMAX SHO? I know, that this is the best time to buy HP, and you can never have too much, seems like a no brainer.

- Power-Assist Steering....I know....I won't regret getting it. But would I regret NOT getting it? Looking to be convinced it's worth the $3,000, with the 150 or 175.

Thanks!!
HP is a no brainer. Regarding Power Assist, I have an Yamaha f150, I installed a steering wheel knob which helps for slow speed maneuvering and docking, and it does help on high speed maneuvering, however I am wishing I had the power assisted steering for turning at speed. I am not doing figure 8s when I’m cruising, but if I wanted to, it would be difficult.

Purchased a 2019 22" with Yamaha 175 HP. I too debated the power steering option. I did not get it and I can't miss what I never had. I don't pull water skiers or have the need for lots of hi-speed turns. From what I can tell the boat handles fine. The advice I got was over 200 HP a must, under and depending on us an option. I used the extra $$ to go to the 175 v. 150.

No brainer on the HP, particularly for such a small price differential. YES, YES, YES. :cool:

As for Power Assist paired with 150 or 175 VMAX. Both motors will have more power and hole shot than the normal version, so Power Assist might be even more desirable. However, as mentioned above by M Jay Farr, your intended and common uses might also dictate whether it will be worth dropping $3k. Will you be towing tubers, skiers, other water sports often that involve more high speed back and forth turns.. Then I would absolutely say worth it. You will be driving all the time, and making it easier, and more enjoyable, would be advisable. However, if just cruising around gently, and occasionally sprinting to beach spots, or fishing spots without a lot of zig-zag maneuvers, then perhaps just save the $3k OR spend it on other options. ;)

Appreciate the info. Yeah, 175 VMAX sounds like the way to go.

The intent will be the use the boat for mostly cruising, party coves, etc. Maybe occasional tubing, but I think that will be rare. Still something to consider though. Thank you.

Talk to me about financing. I know how financing works, I know the pitfalls, extra costs, risks, etc. But I've never ordered a boat (or car) and I'm confused about the logistics of financing. Say, on December 15th, 2019 we go to our local dealer, build a boat, agree to the price, and place the order. Dealer says at least 8 weeks for the order, and we agree with the dealer that the boat will be in the water April 15th, 2020.

What gets paid when?
- Is a deposit made? If so, is that the down payment on the loan? or is that just a deposit to guarantee I'll come back in April?
- When do payments start? After delivery, I assume?
- Say the boat comes in March 1st, 2020, do I take delivery of it then, and then have him store it for the next 1.5 months?

Thanks!

You start paying when check changes hands from your bank to you/dealer.
My dealer was 10% down, but my boat equity trade covered that.
My dealer was pay when you sign paperwork and take possession, some dealers may require payment upon delivery “to them”, others delivery “to you”.
I applied for financing the day it hit the lot. I had a pre”qualification” done before ordering so I knew we’d be fine, plus, we had like $10K equity in our trade.
NO MONEY should change hands (except down Payment) till you do a total pre-inspection, including a shake down run if necessary to ensure proper propping, motor condition, etc... Flip every switch, turn every knob, check every light, etc...

So I'm excited to announce that we just placed our order this weekend, here's what we ended up with:
- 2020 21 SSBXP
- SPS package
- 150 Yamaha
- Ski tow bar
- In floor storage
- Monaco blue with smokey granite accent
- Graphite simtex with perforated metallic carbon accent
- Seagrass silver flooring
- SIMRAD Go7
- Extended deck
- Diamond pressed lux recliner
- Elevated helm
- Starboard bow cooler
- 2 portable cup holders
- Kicker speaker upgrade
- Kicker sub and amp upgrade
- Rockford PMX 2
- Piano black upgraded steering wheel
- Dual batteries
- Master power switch
- Docking lights
- and of course... the American Flag

Thanks for all the tips and advice!! There were a few tough decisions, but I think we ended up building our last boat first....or pretty close to it. Thanks again!

CONGRATS. Enjoy. Welcome.

So I'm excited to announce that we just placed our order this weekend, here's what we ended up with:
- 2020 21 SSBXP
- SPS package
- 150 Yamaha
- Ski tow bar
- In floor storage
- SIMRAD Go7
- Extended deck
- Elevated helm
- Starboard bow cooler
- 2 portable cup holders
- Kicker speaker upgrade
- Rockford PMX 2
- Dual batteries
- Master power switch
- Docking lights

Thanks for all the tips and advice!! There were a few tough decisions, but I think we ended up building our last boat first....or pretty close to it. Thanks again!
Congrats Ranger! Did you get the railing so you can use the Swingback while underway???

Thank you! We opted not to get the safety railing... we've seen both and based on what we plan to use the boat for, it didn't really make sense for us.

Nice going! And remember to post a bunch of pictures when you get her.

- 2020 21 SSBXP
- SPS package
- 150 Yamaha
- Ski tow bar
- In floor storage
- SIMRAD Go7
- Extended deck
- Elevated helm
- Starboard bow cooler
- 2 portable cup holders
- Kicker speaker upgrade
- Rockford PMX 2
- Dual batteries
- Master power switch
- Docking lights

Congratulations! Your family is going o LOVE this setup. Good call on the elevated helm-I wish that I had done that, its the only option that I regret passing on. Glad you went for it.

Question on the starboard bow cooler:I dont recall that as an option. I believe that they had a cooler/ottoman/coffee table psuedo furniture thing that I passed on.( I just use a large wheeled cooler with cup holders on it for the same purpose that I fill in the house and wheel back and forth to the dock.) I believe that I can use the compartment under the bow seats as a cooler as its set up that way but I never have (yet!). I don't recall it being an option-it may have been standard on the trim line?

Congratulations! Your family is going o LOVE this setup. Good call on the elevated helm-I wish that I had done that, its the only option that I regret passing on. Glad you went for it.

Question on the starboard bow cooler:I dont recall that as an option. I believe that they had a cooler/ottoman/coffee table psuedo furniture thing that I passed on.( I just use a large wheeled cooler with cup holders on it for the same purpose that I fill in the house and wheel back and forth to the dock.) I believe that I can use the compartment under the bow seats as a cooler as its set up that way but I never have (yet!). I don't recall it being an option-it may have been standard on the trim line?
Thanks!! So I haven’t actually seen the starboard bow cooler in real life but on paper it sounds good, under the seat, there’s a plastic liner with a drain line that goes out. Dump the drinks under the seat and a couple bags of ice and you’re done...I think. I hope it works!

So I see you didn't get the bow filler seat...I'll offer my comments and experience on it since it's hit or miss with who you talk to. We have a 25 SSBXP, same swingback configuration you do, and wanted to maximize seating, so we ordered the bow filler seat. First time out, we noticed it did the dreaded slide out of place that everyone complains about. We fixed this by putting some furniture pads on the base of it, the kind that are meant to stop furniture from sliding on hard floors. This worked great and we have the bow seat in 100% of the time. We love the big wraparound seat in the front with it in place and the little bit of extra storage under the seat it provides. It's not too late to order it as ours was ordered after the boat was already on the dealer lot. When we are anchored up somewhere and kids want to jump off the front, we just slide the seat out and put it where the side door is so they can come up the back of the boat, run up to the front and jump off.

We fixed this by putting some furniture pads on the base of it, the kind that are meant to stop furniture from sliding on hard floors. This worked great and we have the bow seat in 100% of the time.

We never use ours, but that was in part because of it sliding out of place, and often not needing it anyway. However, I really like the simplicity of this solution to it sliding around. If I remember it this summer, I’ll have to give it a try.

So I see you didn't get the bow filler seat...I'll offer my comments and experience on it since it's hit or miss with who you talk to. We have a 25 SSBXP, same swingback configuration you do, and wanted to maximize seating, so we ordered the bow filler seat. First time out, we noticed it did the dreaded slide out of place that everyone complains about. We fixed this by putting some furniture pads on the base of it, the kind that are meant to stop furniture from sliding on hard floors. This worked great and we have the bow seat in 100% of the time. We love the big wraparound seat in the front with it in place and the little bit of extra storage under the seat it provides. It's not too late to order it as ours was ordered after the boat was already on the dealer lot. When we are anchored up somewhere and kids want to jump off the front, we just slide the seat out and put it where the side door is so they can come up the back of the boat, run up to the front and jump off.

So we went back and forth on this one, but at the end, we opted not to go for it, not because of the slide issue, i figured there'd be a work-around for that, but we liked the layout as-is and based on what we'll be using it for, didn't see a big need for it. Like you said, if we get out there and realize we need or want it, we could probably always order it. Thanks for the info!

So, I forgot to update this....about a day after we placed the order, I went back because I wanted to add the heavy duty rub rails which I forgot. After some back and forth, we ended up walking out with a boat that they had in the showroom, which is basically the boat we wanted and designed our order after, plus a few extras, for the price we wanted. Needless to say, we are very happy with our purchase and excited to get out on the lake this year!

- 21SSBXP
- SPS package
- 150 Yamaha VMAX SHO
- Simrad GO7
- Monaco blue
- Blackout package with black rubrail
- Bamboo silver floor
- Corvina steering wheel
- Kicker speaker upgrade
- Rockford PMX 3
- Elevated helm
- Pillowtop diamond pressed upholstery - Graphite with metallic carbon accent
- Diamond pressed luxury recliner
- Bow gate seat (not pictured)
- Trapezoid zebrawood table
- Extended aft deck
- 4 step stainless steel ladder
- Dual batteries with switch
- In-floor storage
- Master power switch
- Stainless docklights
- Bow pop up cleats
- Ski tow bar

IMG_7635.jpgIMG_7634.jpgIMG_7640.jpgIMG_7638.jpgIMG_7637.jpgIMG_7636.jpgIMG_7632.jpgIMG_7626.jpgIMG_7623.jpgIMG_7617.jpg

Back