runtpacket

Reaction score
Ordered my new boat yesterday (20 SLV). it was already on order from the dealer with a build date of 6/17. Upgrading from an 88 Play Buoy (74 85 HP Johnson) that I rebuilt deck up.

While the 20 SLV had just about everything I wanted. It lacks docking lights, Dual battery and Depth finder.

For the dual battery I will down grade my old boat and remove the add-a battery system I put on it.

The 20 SLV has a striker 4 option. Anyone have images of the stock mounting for it. I would like to add it DIY aftermarket.

As for Dock lights I have read that the stock ones are lacking. Anyone have suggestions on which dock lights to install? my old boat has spreader style mounted under. Works great.

Motor wise I went with the 90 HP Yamaha. Anyone have experience on a 25" toon with similar rating in heavy chop? I live near lake Huron. We have 2 options to get out to the lake. A very shallow canal, or the ST Clair river under the blue water bridges.
blue-water-bridge-and-freighters-ann-horn.jpg

(fast strong current, heavy chop and great lakes freighter's. My old boat made the trip a few times. Honestly it was dicey at times.

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome to the family! Can't help you with your questions but there are plenty of folks on this board that can.

Striker 4 location on 2019 20-SSNPX. To the right of the steering wheel. Not the biggest screen nor the best location if you need to consistently use it to monitor water depth. Majority of where I boat, I don't need to worry about depth, so I just glance at it occasionally and it isn't too bad once you get used to where it is located.Benn 4.jpg

Striker 4 location on 2019 20-SSNPX. To the right of the steering wheel. Not the biggest screen nor the best location if you need to consistently use it to monitor water depth. Majority of where I boat, I don't need to worry about depth, so I just glance at it occasionally and it isn't too bad once you get used to where it is located.View attachment 25157
Awesome thank you.

I’d look at the standard docking lights from Bennington. My dealer keeps a set on the shelf. You might check with yours. Then you have factory look.

1CDF772F-A2F8-4928-9434-1C9AAC6938B2.jpeg For perspective here is a Garmin 54cv mounted in place of the stock Garmin on a 20 Slx. Pretty straightforward install as long as you pay attention to where the tip of the blade is (the marks under the unit and to the left). Also, get the 10 ft extension cable, the 20ft cable is about 1 foot short.

Welcome and Congratulations. I don’t have any answer either, but good luck gathering the info you need. You came to the right spot. Toss up some pictures when you can. We all enjoy ogling all the new owner’s boats. Happy Boating!

Welcome.

Sorry, but you’re FAR undergunned with a 90 hp on a 20’ toon on Lake Huron. Be careful...

Welcome.

Sorry, but you’re FAR undergunned with a 90 hp on a 20’ toon on Lake Huron. Be careful...
I've been doing the big lake for 5 year in a 20' 18" toon with a 74 Johnson 85 HP on it.

Cool. Let’s see some pix of your new craft when you get the opportunity.

Boat on in safety and in health!

A little update. The dealer I was originally going with can't seem to get the boat I was going to buy. Found another with a little better boat in stock. Sounds like I will pick it up Wednesday. 2019 20 SLM SPS with 115 HP

As Lakeliving said, the SPS is going to be significantly better. Blessing in disguise for sure.

Oh boy, are you ever in for a treat! Enjoy...

Enjoy that new boat smell! Lets see some shots of it on the water when you get a chance too!

That’s a lovely craft! Be safe!

(If it’s four hours each way, either you’re driving too slowly on the way there, or too fast on the way home!)

Back