Triton

Reaction score
After almost a dozen years on the lake with our Chaparral 236 Sunesta, we have decided to replace it with a pontoon boat. After quite a bid of research and some dealer visits for various makes, we settled on Bennington as being the best choice to pursue. Needless to say when visiting our Bennington dealer, we were overwhelmed with the many models, configurations, and options. Fortunately this dealer had a number of different models/layouts on the showroom floor to help us narrow down our wishes. The General Manager was extremely helpful in translating our interests into order requirements. We placed an order with the dealer on December 12, 2020 for a 2021 24LXSRD with a planned delivery of April, 2021. Some of the highlights for our order include, 300 HP Mercury, ESP, Mercury Go7 Simrad, Mercury Power Steering, and Center Tube Tank. We anxiously await delivery.

After almost a dozen years on the lake with our Chaparral 236 Sunesta, we have decided to replace it with a pontoon boat. After quite a bid of research and some dealer visits for various makes, we settled on Bennington as being the best choice to pursue. Needless to say when visiting our Bennington dealer, we were overwhelmed with the many models, configurations, and options. Fortunately this dealer had a number of different models/layouts on the showroom floor to help us narrow down our wishes. The General Manager was extremely helpful in translating our interests into order requirements. We placed an order with the dealer on December 12, 2020 for a 2021 24LXSRD with a planned delivery of April, 2021. Some of the highlights for our order include, 300 HP Mercury, ESP, Mercury Go7 Simrad, Mercury Power Steering, and Center Tube Tank. We anxiously await delivery.

That sounds like a fabulous boat that you have on order! Hoping you post pictures of it next spring so we can all check it out. I LOVE our Mercury and am very confident you will love yours - especially with your added Mercury Simrad set up.

Congrats! You have many fond memories ahead of you!

I will be curious to see how that time frame works out. We placed our order for our 22LSR on Nov 1..was told 3-4 months, with 4 months being the expectation.

Here is hoping we both get our boats with plenty of time to break them in during the spring....Hardest part is the waiting, you'll be spending most of your time now on YouTube, searching for L model boat videos...ask me how I know..;)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum and Bennington family. As Vikingstaff said, we will want to see pictures when take delivery.

I will be curious to see how that time frame works out. We placed our order for our 22LSR on Nov 1..was told 3-4 months, with 4 months being the expectation.

Here is hoping we both get our boats with plenty of time to break them in during the spring....Hardest part is the waiting, you'll be spending most of your time now on YouTube, searching for L model boat videos...ask me how I know..;)
I'm with you, am constantly searching for anything out there on the L Series, just not much out there right now, but that doesn't stop me. The search continues.

I can give you some hopeful reassurance. I ordered mine on October 24 and have a build date of January 13th. Can’t wait! Dealer said about 10 days after that they would have it at the dealership. We will go down and look at it around the end of the month. Unfortunately up here we will have many more months of winter so they will hang on to it until our spring delivery. I’ve seen all the YouTube videos for 2021 boats too. Lots of good stuff to pass the cold months away. ;)

I'm with you, am constantly searching for anything out there on the L Series, just not much out there right now, but that doesn't stop me. The search continues.
Did you have any specific questions on the boats? People here are very knowledgeable. Otherwise just look up 2021 Bennington on YouTube and happy watching. :)

I can give you some hopeful reassurance. I ordered mine on October 24 and have a build date of January 13th. Can’t wait! Dealer said about 10 days after that they would have it at the dealership. We will go down and look at it around the end of the month. Unfortunately up here we will have many more months of winter so they will hang on to it until our spring delivery. I’ve seen all the YouTube videos for 2021 boats too. Lots of good stuff to pass the cold months away. ;)
Great to hear...

When did you get a build date? As of last week we didn't have one yet. Also, what engine did you get? Im wondering if the Yamaha175SHO will take that much longer....

But good to hear yours was actually pretty quick.

I bought through one of the biggest dealers in the upper Midwest. I think I got my bill date about a month after my order. Other dealers I talk to at the time said that 3 to 4 months timeframe seemed rather reasonable. I know smaller dealers are selling out of their slots quickly so they might be stretched out further. I went with a 300 digital Yamaha motor. If you have winter not a big deal, if you can get on your boat right away it’s a hard, long wait. It will go quickly. Maybe after the new year check in with your dealer and see if they have any updates from Bennington.

I bought through one of the biggest dealers in the upper Midwest. I think I got my bill date about a month after my order. Other dealers I talk to at the time said that 3 to 4 months timeframe seemed rather reasonable. I know smaller dealers are selling out of their slots quickly so they might be stretched out further. I went with a 300 digital Yamaha motor. If you have winter not a big deal, if you can get on your boat right away it’s a hard, long wait. It will go quickly. Maybe after the new year check in with your dealer and see if they have any updates from Bennington.

Im in Texas so the lake is cold, but definitely not frozen. Ill reach out to the dealer next week. He is a smaller dealer out here in East Texas so that might be an issue too. I just want to get break in on it, learn the boat, get my 20 hours on it, oil changed and ready to go for the spring warm up, which is early May here. So as impatient as I am, Even a March delivery would still accomplish the above. Im just acting like a kid on Christmas Eve at this point...haha

We received our Order Acknowledgment from the factory on September 14 and the boat is on the truck headed to NY as I type. The dealer said they’ll have it cleaned up and rigged this week for our inspection! So, three-and-a-half months from start to finish. We are VERY excited and will take pics for all of you!

We received our Order Acknowledgment from the factory on September 14 and the boat is on the truck headed to NY as I type. The dealer said they’ll have it cleaned up and rigged this week for our inspection! So, three-and-a-half months from start to finish. We are VERY excited and will take pics for all of you!
Very encouraging, thank you. So I should expect to get an Order Acknowledgement from the factory? How long after placing your order did you receive the acknowledgement?

Very encouraging, thank you. So I should expect to get an Order Acknowledgement from the factory? How long after placing your order did you receive the acknowledgement?
It was only two or three days after the dealer submitted the order to Bennington that he received a confirmation of the order listing all of the components that are part of the build. I went through one by one to match them up to ensure that what Bennington was using as their guide is what I decided with my dealer.

Did your order acknowledgement come from your dealer or the factory?

Did your order acknowledgement come from your dealer or the factory?
This is what the factory sent my dealer. It basically confirms everything that they understand I want in my build. I will use this approved list when I go and check out the boat early next week.

Attachments

• 20210105_202541.jpg
    20210105_202541.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 18
My order was handled similar to what AuthorizedUser has described above. Bennington sent a confirmation invoice back to my dealer a few days after we submitted our final spec’d up boat order. Our dealer then shared it with me in Jan. 2017 for final verification. I was also able to then use those invoice forms during my walkthrough of the boat in the spring to verify what they built for us is what we ordered from them. Good piece of mind.

Checked with dealer and was told that an order confirmation # was received from Bennington, but dealer has not yet received a sign off sheet.

Back