Diemond

Reaction score
I have a 2000  2075LX with a Johnson 70. I'm looking for updated info on adding a third log to this older boat. Thanks for any help. I will add some pics later. Maybe my question should have been more towards what are some after market products I should look into?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't answer your question.  Curious as to why you want to add a third log.

Dieemond When I bought my 2012RL it only had 2 logs.  I then added the aftermarket Express Toon Package along with Underskinning and have been very happy with the results and consider it money well spent.  If you are going to keep the boat for a few years then go for it

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't answer your question.  Curious as to why you want to add a third log.

Mainly for the performance and feel of the ride. Towing a tube /kneeboarding. I definitely feel the drag in choppy conditions and crossing wakes. I'm gonna do some measurements for the under skinning today and try to shop around for supplies. I'm in SC so basically we can use it year round. My Dads boat he bought new and it has sat up for about 5 years and I think I'm trying to make up for lost time since he passed last year. I've kept my boys on the water most everyday I've had off this summer. 

Dieemond When I bought my 2012RL it only had 2 logs.  I then added the aftermarket Express Toon Package along with Underskinning and have been very happy with the results and consider it money well spent.  If you are going to keep the boat for a few years then go for it

Did you have the dealer install this? 

Welcome Diemond. Do you know the diameter of your logs on the boat? You may want to check this out. https://www.pontoonwaterglide.com/ I actually put one on an older Sylvan and it worked well for the money spent. But don't expect miracles. Good luck.

The diameter is 25". I think I'll try to go for the under skin first and maybe plan the third out a little later when I have time to speak to some of the Marinas around that have done these before .

Welcome to the forum Diemond! 

There are some members on this forum that have taken on the under skinning of their boat and also the center tube/aftermarket option? Hopefully other members (other than Blderbob and Link) will chime in w/their experience and expertise.......

Did you have the dealer install this? 

Actually I bought package from Bennington dealer and a close friend that owns a service marina did the install 

I did the under skinning on a previous pontoon. Non Bennington. It was a 20ft boat with a 90. The difference was huge. The surging you are feeling goes away entirely. 

I will try and see if I can find the info on the material I used.

It wasn't too bad a project.

I just went from double log to tri-toon. This one has under-skinning where the first one did not. It's amazing; the difference in ride and sound. 

Back