Puddlejumper

Reaction score
Hello, we ordered our first new Bennington a week or so ago and it's due to be delivered mid May. We ordered a 20 sfnp with a 60 hp mercury. We mainly just fish so I didn't see the need for a larger motor. We are really looking forward to this summer and spending as much time as possible out on the water. We had an older Harris floteboat that I refurbished and used for 3 years and then I bought a bow rider thinking I could sway my wife to like it more than the pontoon but alas I failed at that. I sold the pontoon a little over a year ago and just had the bow rider last summer but it really wasn't something you can really fish out of so I sold it a few weeks ago and put a down payment on the new Bennington. I look forward to sharing our new adventure with all of you here and can't wait to get our new boat!

Welcome Puddlejumper! You will love your new Bennington! Pictures I assume are on the way.....

Welcome to the madness, PJ. Congrats on the new purchase. You'll love the new Benny and the family here.

Congrats and welcome. You're going to love that new boat!

Congrats and welcome. Where are you boating?

Welcome aboard. Great boat. Great forum. Great people.

Congrats and welcome. Where are you boating?
We live in northwest lower michigan between Cadillac and Traverse city. We had a dock on the hodenpyle backwaters when we had our other pontoon but the pontoons would get covered in zebra mussels by the end of the season. We will keep it on a trailer and bounce around to different lakes this year and maybe by next year we will be able to afford a lift to keep it on.

You are South West of me .We are about 35 miles south of the bridge .Our Marina is in ( and on the ) Indian River

Congratulations, you made the right choice buying the Bennington.

Welcome to the family!!!

Congratulations and welcome PJ! Sounds like an amazing summer ahead! :cool:

Our cottage and Benny is on Houghton Lake, we live in mid-Michigan. Lots of amazing, smart and helpful people on here. Also a few of us Michiganders (or expatriate Michiganders) on here.

It was wise to hold off on posting until after your purchase. Otherwise you’d have all of us trying to spend your money. :D

Congrats on the new Bennington. You've made a wise decision. Your thirst for never ending happiness and never ending expenditures has brought you to the Holy Land of.......well......boating! You are wise beyond years to purchase before letting this august collection of captains of the high seas left you drowning in a sea of options!! You could not have chosen more wisely. You have entered the House of Bennington. Now.....post PICS when she gets in!!!

Welcome aboard PJ! Perhaps the biggest question is whether the snow will be gone by the time she comes in... :)

So just got word that our boat has still not been delivered to the dealer even though we were promised a mid May delivery. So much for enjoying the holiday on the water! Summers are short enough as it is up in this neck of the woods.

Congrats on the new Benny. And welcome to the forum. Just be patient. Take a deep breath. Meditate. Try yoga. Your Benny is being built! Perfection doesn't happen over night. Or over the weekend....or over a week....a month....a fortnight, a summer solstice.....you get the picture. Bennington has seen a period of unprecedented growth and popularity. Undoubtedly due to the quality of their product. You own a Bennington! Savor the wait! It's like a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle. It ain't a can of Old Milwaukee! A good cigar (Partagas Series D), and a glass of PVW neat will set you straight! If it doesn't.....have another!!

Back