New order

Palmer-on-GL

Reaction score
Just ordered on 12/21/2020 a 2021 22SSBX Yamaha 150 from dealer. They are projecting a delivery around Memorial Day. Anyone have any recent experience with new builds and delivery dates?

Last edited:
Ordered my boat in September, it is being built right now from what I hear. Supposed to be delivered to the dealer first of the year

I ordered on 6/24/2020, picked it up from my dealer on 8/23/2020.

Ordered my boat in September, it is being built right now from what I hear. Supposed to be delivered to the dealer first of the year
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like 4 months for you. I am hoping my dealer is hedging a bit and we can get it in late April / early May. Hopefully ice melted by then.

Wow. 2 months. That seems very fast compared to what I have been hearing and told.
I was happy, Bennington estimated the build date when I ordered and it was built within a few days of the original estimate. It was a few days late due to another Bennington on the order that had a furniture issue which delayed the semi shipment. Not bad. I thought 8 weeks was a long wait at the time lol. I am glad I ordered when I did.

That is an unusually long estimate for a late December order. Typical would be early/mid March....maybe stretched into April. However, supply chains, labor supply, and other variables are still a mess due to Covid.

If I were you, I would check and see if that is the Bennington estimate, or if that is your dealer just “ball parking” the date on their own. If it is the date given by Bennington, then I would also inquire to see if that unusually long amount of time is due to motor or boat.

Perhaps by tweaking your order in some small way, you could get the boat earlier. However, with you being from Wisconsin, it’s not like you’re going to gain much boating time in the spring. :D ;)

Congrats and welcome to the family.
I’m guessing many dealers, such as mine, have preordered and filled slots pushing easily into late first quarter. My dealer has 30 plus on order with 12 sitting on the lot awaiting spring. That’s not including the other 4 new ones they sold a month or two back. Bear in mind, 90% of these will have a 20HP hanging off the back when sold. Im thinking veteran dealers placed their orders early and that’s why the longer lead times. I’m also thinking they can swap a customer order into a build slot for a stock unit.

I ordered mine October 24 and my build date is January 13th. After that about 10 days to get to the dealer so end of January delivery. I know even at that time when I spoke to different dealers, some said they were already sold out through the spring so it sounds like supply and delivery times will be tight this season.

I would talk to your dealer and see if they can bump one that they have coming in for stock on the floor for your build. The people I really worry about are the ones who would normally buy at the boat shows. They will be lucky to have theirs by the Fourth of July.

Good luck and enjoy your new boat when spring finally gets here. :cool:

Just ordered on 12/21/2020 a 2021 22SSBX Yamaha 150 from dealer. They are projecting a delivery around Memorial Day. Anyone have any recent experience with new builds and delivery dates?
Congratulations! How was your experience with that Dealer in Green Lake?

Maybe they are planning on holding it until the ice thaws? Some areas don’t start boating season until memorial weekend.

I stopped in my dealer this morning ,( Northern Michigan ) he has sold 12 so far this month and has been told ,not to expect them until May

I had heard that the MSRP went up almost 9 percent, based on what was already shipped about 4 weeks ago. Anybody seen are heard the same thing.

Pricing appears to have gone up by about 2-3%since I ordered in September. I just compared my build versus doing a full build on the web site.

Back