New owner - First post

Beeteam2557

Reaction score
Hello all....I am a new Bennington owner. I pick up my new 22 SSLX tomorrow! I have searched the net but haven't been able to find what I am looking for. I a wanting to see what kind of accessories are out there. Mainly I am interested in an additional teak table, but would like to see what else may peak my interest as well. Any suggestions?.....Thanks in advance and we are really looking forward to the new boat!!

I have always ran bass boats and Allison Crafts. We bought a used pontoon 2 years ago and never looked back!!

yeah, I've been looking at those....I didn't know if maybe there was a Bennington specific catalog or anything...Thanks for the reply.

Congrats on the new boat. give us some details on the boat and post some pictures when you get it. I love this time of year when the new boats come rolling in. I've been known to ride my horse through town yelling " the Benny's are coming, the benny's are coming"

Bennington is busy building new boats and doesn't really sell accessories to personalize the boat.  Any parts are only sold through the dealer network.  There is a company that sells logo clothing and a few fun items.  Somebody will remember the name.  Jill really liked the clothing.  

Enjoy the new boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st - welcome!

2nd - Sounds like you want to do a little spring shopping?

I find this site to be full of really nice boating things. Jamestown Distributors.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/main.do

Also - www.defender.com is full of ideas and ways to spend your money.

There aren't a ton of easy to find accessories. But shopping is still a great way to pass the time.

-Jeff

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I am pumped about it! So pumped that I intend to get about an hour on the engine break in tomorrow in 21* weather!!

Congratulations and welcome

What time do you go pick it up? Can't wait to see some pictures of the boat and the initial voyage.

Beeteam........

Welcome to the forum...........Where will you be boating today?!?

We need to know as you might freeze to death in 21 degree temps and the rescue party will need to know your location!

Welcome 

Welcome

To the Best Forum Family anywhere

AND 

The Best Pontoon Product Available  
smiley.gif

107175344.jpg

The question you presented is very valid. I have pondered it myself. Having been into Harley's, it would seem to make sense and dollars to me. Harley makes more money selling accessories then bikes. They have huge catalogs with all sorts of items. I would think that Bennington could take a page from Harleys business model in that regard. Or maybe they have looked into it and found it not feasible.

Cheers, Steve

It might be a demographic aspect as well. There are stereotypical harley riders that really love to show their loyalty and even tattoo the brand on themselves. I haven't seen any Bennington Logo's appearing on anyones arm lately....or ever here. Plus I haven't read about any pontoon gangs cruising around....yet. An accesories catalog would be a nice thing to flip through though and would probably drum up some additional business for the dealers as well in post sales add ons. Harley is such a powerful brand they can market literally anything and their fan base will purchase it. Maybe we need a harley davidson edition Bennington to bridge the gap like ford did with their F series.....

It might be a demographic aspect as well. There are stereotypical harley riders that really love to show their loyalty and even tattoo the brand on themselves. I haven't seen any Bennington Logo's appearing on anyones arm lately....or ever here. Plus I haven't read about any pontoon gangs cruising around....yet. An accesories catalog would be a nice thing to flip through though and would probably drum up some additional business for the dealers as well in post sales add ons. Harley is such a powerful brand they can market literally anything and their fan base will purchase it. Maybe we need a harley davidson edition Bennington to bridge the gap like ford did with their F series.....
I've never seen any topless Benny wives either.

So yeah, I'm all for the Harley Edition.

Hello all....I am a new Bennington owner. I pick up my new 22 SSLX tomorrow! I have searched the net but haven't been able to find what I am looking for. I a wanting to see what kind of accessories are out there. Mainly I am interested in an additional teak table, but would like to see what else may peak my interest as well. Any suggestions?.....Thanks in advance and we are really looking forward to the new boat!!

I have always ran bass boats and Allison Crafts. We bought a used pontoon 2 years ago and never looked back!!
So, did you pick up the boat?  Let's hear about it!  Or are you planning to sit in it all night?

That's a great idea...I bet they'd do well with it!

Sorry!!!!......I posted about the maiden voyage on a new thread.......I cleverly titled it "Maiden Voyage!!....Ha!!!

OMG......Wow......this is by far one of the best purchases I have ever made. As I said in the other thread, I almost bought a different brand, but then seen the Bennington at the boat show and really liked the double rear lounger it had....Once I started really looking, there was no comparison to the Benny vs the "other" brand I was looking at. I was incredibly impressed yesterday with the speed it got out of the 115, the ride, even really surprised at how the bow would lift when trimming the motor and how well it turned without bogging down. My trade in was my first pontoon as I've always been in performance boats like Allison Crafts.....big switch huh? Anyway, that other pontoon, unknown to me because it was my first one, was a DOG!!!....the bow didn't lift an inch when trimming the motor and it bogged terribly in turns....Not the Benny tho!!!...I absolutely could not be happier!! OH, someone asked where I was going to be boating.....I am in KY and was boating at Lake Cumberland in Sommerset, but we are usually at Taylorsville because its closer for us....And I might be the first Benny logo tattoo poster!!!......As for the Benny topless wives mentioned earlier, well......Stay tuned!!!

Awesome!!!

Back