New Owner, Holly Michigan

Nerosync

Reaction score
Looking for tips on best fishing areas, best hang outs etc. Any and all information is appreciated, would love to meet some fellow owners and make new friends along the way.

Crooked Lake

Glen Lake! Beautiful and good fishing!
gallery_1866_191_2107944.jpg

NICE!!!!

Yes Carl, I like Lakeliving's shorts as well :rolleyes:

The fish love them too, That small mouth actually jumped into my hands once be saw that bitchin color scheme!

BAHAHAHA, all kidding aside that is a nice smallmouth! CAN'T WAIT to get into a mess of those! Glen lake is up around the TC area right? I vaguely remember driving past it and looking down on what appeared to be crystal clear blue water and some beautiful hills and such as a back drop. Is that the right lake?

You got it. 6000 acres of crystal clear sandy bottom lake right next to lake MI and Sleeping Bear sand dunes. Here are a couple pictures of the area. My wife's family has a place on Little Glen. I go up every chance I can. Pure Michigan!
SAM_2601_zps5f4e97d1.jpg
SAM_2593_zpse685e8c2.jpg
SAM_2620_zpsd2c4d06c.jpg

Almost looks like the Carribean, very nice!

That is exactly what I thought the first time I saw it from the road which is elevated above the lake. Its beautiful for sure. Going to definitely have to make a trip up there this summer sometime. Where abouts on the lake is a public access and do they have parking available?

There is a ramp between little/big glen. I don't know too much about the ramp as when we go up there the boat is moored out in front of the cottage. I've heard they are pretty proactive on stopping aquatic hitchhikers so be prepared to have your boat sprayed and engine flushed.

There is a ramp between little/big glen. I don't know too much about the ramp as when we go up there the boat is moored out in front of the cottage. I've heard they are pretty proactive on stopping aquatic hitchhikers so be prepared to have your boat sprayed and engine flushed.
What do you mean? Is it not a public lake?

What do you mean? Is it not a public lake?
I believe it's public but they don't want any unwanted critters in the lake. Many times the unwanted stuff will hitch a ride on yours or someones boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooooh, that makes sense. Sorry newbie

Strike 1...just kidding!

Lol, I only deal in beers. So what kind do you prefer?

Gorgeous lake

Back