New owner introduction - 2250GBR Black-Out Edition

JeffS

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just a quick 1st post to introduce myself. I've surfed this forum for a lot of information, and appreciate everyone's involvement. We took delivery on Saturday. So far love the boat. A couple of new boat issues, but all-in-all...very optimistic that we chose well.

2250GBR Black-Out edition. Not sure if you've all seen a black'd out boat in the wild yet. If not, here is one. I'll take water shots soon. 

We've been out 3 times in the last 5 days. Working out the kinks. Not new to boating by any stretch. First pontoon though. I'll keep you all posted.

Hello everyone. Just a quick 1st post to introduce myself. I've surfed this forum for a lot of information, and appreciate everyone's involvement. We took delivery on Saturday. So far love the boat. A couple of new boat issues, but all-in-all...very optimistic that we chose well.

2250GBR Black-Out edition. Not sure if you've all seen a black'd out boat in the wild yet. If not, here is one. I'll take water shots soon. 

We've been out 3 times in the last 5 days. Working out the kinks. Not new to boating by any stretch. First pontoon though. I'll keep you all posted.

Great looking boat!  I'm also from Wisconsin.  Where did you buy yours?

Looks great. Looks like the f200 as well. We love ours.

Thanks for the replies.

We bought at Boathouse in Lake Country. It was their 2014 demo boat, so it has pretty much every option.

Yamaha F200.

Full seagrass floor.

Refrigerator.

Underwater lighting.

Exterior lighting.

Interior mood lighting (undercounter, cup holders, etc.)

Echo 300.

53" tow pylon.

SPS.

Rough water package.

In floor storage.

Power assist steering.

Pillow top upholstery

4 step ladder

Raised helm.

Wetsounds stereo with sub.

Power bimini with lighting

LED docklights.

Privacy chaise with porta potti.

Heavy duty rub rail.

Sharkhide tube protectant.

And of course - the blackout edition.

I think that's about it. Other than that - a pretty basic boat.

That's where I bought mine as well actually.  They sure need some more sales staff though!

Very nice indeed!

Congrats !! What a beauty !!

I wish mine was that "basic" ..... Lol !!

That is loaded, what a beauty!

The kinks aren't super major, but will be a good test of the dealer in my opinion.

Someone had a thread about the SeaStar hydraulic assist pump's purple power lead not being connected to the ignition switch. Powerless, it doesn't work. I have that same issue. A little disconcerting. More-so in that this is the dealer's demo boat. It has 20 hours on it. How do you not notice the power steering not working?

The stereo was a hot mess. Every wire was connected to something. But not necessarily the correct something. Crossovers were all dialed to 0. Dip switches on the sub were not set to anything logical. It sounded horrible. I was going to take it in and have the dealer figure it out, but everything in the helm is labeled very well...I just unwired it re-wired it myself. Done and done.

The helm compartment door is horribly aligned. Like - really bad. I'll take a picture of it. I've looked at it closely, and don't know how they'll fix it. But it's going to get fixed. It doesn't close right, hard to latch. Nothing is bent - it's just not on right. Strange and not good enough for a Bennington.

There is a splash guard on the inside side of the starboard pontoon that got messed up on the dealers scissor jack. It's obvious what happened. Just needs to be straightened and one weld redone. Probably wait until decommissioning to worry about that.

A couple of snaps are bad. No biggie, but I'll want them fixed.

It has 17" pitch prop. That's a bit aggressive. The dealer and I talked about it - they put it on because they can't get a 16 or a 15 due to the supplier. No biggie. We'll get the prop figured out later.

All in all, nothing too major. This is my 8th boat, so I'm pretty qualified to be picky. One of the reasons I chose Bennington. Steering assist and door are QC issues. We'll see how it all goes.

-Jeff

Here is a photo of the misaligned door. Click on it to make it larger. It's pretty crooked in my opinion.

Looks like crap. I don't think it was made properly, I don't think it's an alignment issue. I think it's due to the way the helm was installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like crap. I don't think it was made properly, I don't think it's an alignment issue. I think it's due to the way the helm was installed.
I fear you may be right...but I went with best-case for now. I don't see how the hinge can be altered to make it line up correctly. But a boat builder I am not. My expectations will be that they will make it as perfect as it should have been in the first place. A good off-season issue for them to work on.

-Jeff

You're right Carl, that looks terrible.

I don't know for sure how they install them, but it looks to me that it is a trim to fit. So the door jamb would have to be removed and trimmed at the lower left until it lines up properly, but, then there could be some of the old screw holes exposed?

My understandings is that the raised helms are dealer installed.  They should be responsible to fix it.

Welcome aboard!  Nice looking boat (except for the door)!

I doubt there's enough flex in the helm to correct that. The bottom left needs to move rearward to kick the door up. I think the helm will need replaced as it was either cut out wrong and or you won't have enough flex to move it.

What ever happened with your door Jeff? Just curious.

They ordered a new door (not sure what that accomplished) but with some good craftsmanship and good tools - they fixed it. I think the bottom left portion of the helm was unfastened and moved inward. There appears to be some glass-work that went into the door frame as well. It's all finished to match and unless you know what you're looking for there is no way to tell. As of now...it's straight.

Thanks for checking in!

-J

Back