New Owner on Clarks Hill

Cjuly

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My father recently bought a 2018 Bennington 22SS as a family boat. He is older so I am responsible for towing, maintenance, upkeep, and being the captain. We took the boat out for the first time this past weekend and quickly discovered that we failed to purchase an anchor. What type of anchor do you recommend for the Georgia Red Clay at the bottom of Clark's Hill? Additionally does anyone else have a tow connection for tubing on top of the live well?

I don’t have a good anchor recommendation for red clay lake bottom. However, Welcome to the forum Captain. If you get the change, I am sure I speak for many here, share some pictures of the new family Bennington. Have a fun and exciting summer ahead on it.

A small box anchor works well in the North Georgia clay. We haven’t taken our Benny to Lake Thurmond ;) yet, but I feel pretty confident the box anchor would work there.

I agree on the small box anchor. I'm on a mucky bottom, but think it would work on clay too.

If you have the live well at the back of the boat with rod holders and cup holders and a hole in the back center then Bennington makes the pylon. It fits through the well and anchors in the engine pod and will lighten your wallet a lot.

We use a bungee anchor rope which prevents the boat from dragging the anchor.

Back